1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

I'm Coming Back!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by dcisive, May 18, 2012.

1. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    I almost can't believe it but I'm going to be returning to the Mft format and this forum. I've sold off all my NEX gear and am in the process of selling off my Nikon gear for once and for all. I just don't enjoy carrying large stuff anymore, and the NEX while very good indeed in the IQ department drove me nuts with it's slow autofocus. I tried a OMD at my dealer today and was flat out blown away. The color, sharpness, dynamic range and operational speed is unlike anything I've worked with short of the top pro DSLR's I used to work with. But in such a small solid tight package. I just can't resist:dash2: I just got a text might have my 2nd system sold and enough to make it happen. Going to order the camera with the 12-50 kit lens and add the 75-300 first. Then add the grip. Then probably add the 45mm f1.8 after. That suites my shooting style for now. I was glad to see Olympus step up to the plate with such a fine offering. It seems to do everything right for my use. I even played with the movie a bit to see how that worked. Clearly it's at it's best in A or manual mode with the aperture locked. Keeps the exposures nice and steady. The IBIS is the best thing since SteadyCam from what I experienced. It's going to be way too much fun:yahoo:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    Welcome back! Hopefully the NEX7n doesn't come out and make you do another selling round =)

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    LOL, welcome back :smile:.

4. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Just when you thought you were out..........

Welcome back indecisive, lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    They always return.

Welcome back!

6. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    dcisive... hey old buddy... welcome back. I have a feeling you'll stick around this time! :wink:

7. Brownian

Brownian Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2012
    Ireland
    I like your oxymoron username. :wink:

Might want to wait a few weeks for the 75mm f1.8 to be released before making up your mind on lenses.

8. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    I am brand new to the M43 world. After lugging around a Canon 1D with large L lens I can so see the appeal. Will take some getting used to, and not ready to sell the canon gear but looking forward to learning and playing in this new format