1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

i'm back... ;-)

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by pcake, Aug 12, 2014.

1. pcake

pcake Mu-43 Regular

May 3, 2010
    a while back i sold my G3 - a BIG mistake, as i soon discovered. i bought an oly E-PM2, but never really liked it much, so i sold it and got a panny LF1. it's a nice carry-around, but is lacking in some areas (like the EVF). well, we're on a serious budget as we bought a condo not that long ago, but i've been going crazy for a decent camera. i'm thinking of the G6 or GX7 in the future, but right now money is tight. but in wandering around amazon last night i found a used G3 body for $199 from Adorama, and thought "ah, ha!" i still have lenses, so that could work. they also had a sony A3000 new for just under $300, but there are things i don't love about sony cameras, and i do like micro four thirds a lot, and i've been happy with several panasonics.

then in my continued camera-obsessed wanderings i found a used G3 at B&H for even less. i contacted the B&H used department, and they say the screen is perfect with no scratches, it's in good working condition but the body is scuffed, so i went for it. they give it a warranty and i was able to get a square trade for it, all for $200. can't wait till it gets here! i still have some lenses (including a 45-150 zoom, a few canon FD lenses and FD adapter and some cheap c mount lenses with adapters), so i can't wait to take my new/used camera to the beach and do some shooting. then i can rebuild my lens stable and eventually upgrade, but for now i'm a happy camper :smile: :smile: :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  2. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    Glad that you got a camera you enjoy again, but if you did some searching on various photography forums in the FS sections, you likely could have scored a G5 for the same amount, if not less. It's not that uncommon to see G5's sell for between $150-200, and you get a better EVF, rear LCD, and newer sensor as well. I also feel that the ergonomics are a HUGE step-up from the G3.

Either way, you found a camera that you're happy with again finally.

3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome back!