i'm back... ;-)

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by pcake, Aug 12, 2014.

1. pcake

pcake Mu-43 Regular

May 3, 2010
    a while back i sold my G3 - a BIG mistake, as i soon discovered. i bought an oly E-PM2, but never really liked it much, so i sold it and got a panny LF1. it's a nice carry-around, but is lacking in some areas (like the EVF). well, we're on a serious budget as we bought a condo not that long ago, but i've been going crazy for a decent camera. i'm thinking of the G6 or GX7 in the future, but right now money is tight. but in wandering around amazon last night i found a used G3 body for $199 from Adorama, and thought "ah, ha!" i still have lenses, so that could work. they also had a sony A3000 new for just under $300, but there are things i don't love about sony cameras, and i do like micro four thirds a lot, and i've been happy with several panasonics.

then in my continued camera-obsessed wanderings i found a used G3 at B&H for even less. i contacted the B&H used department, and they say the screen is perfect with no scratches, it's in good working condition but the body is scuffed, so i went for it. they give it a warranty and i was able to get a square trade for it, all for $200. can't wait till it gets here! i still have some lenses (including a 45-150 zoom, a few canon FD lenses and FD adapter and some cheap c mount lenses with adapters), so i can't wait to take my new/used camera to the beach and do some shooting. then i can rebuild my lens stable and eventually upgrade, but for now i'm a happy camper :smile: :smile: :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  2. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Legend

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    Glad that you got a camera you enjoy again, but if you did some searching on various photography forums in the FS sections, you likely could have scored a G5 for the same amount, if not less. It's not that uncommon to see G5's sell for between $150-200, and you get a better EVF, rear LCD, and newer sensor as well. I also feel that the ergonomics are a HUGE step-up from the G3.

Either way, you found a camera that you're happy with again finally.

3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome back!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.