1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

I'm back

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Djarum, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Just to let everyone know, I haven't been on because I was on vacation in the mountains this weekend. My girlfriend and I stayed in Maggie Valley, NC. Sadly it rained the first few days we were there. We drove the Blue Ridge parkway, did some hiking, and shopped in Asheville. We didn't get a chance to tour the Biltmore, though. I hope to have some pictures up this weekend.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Looking forward to your photos! I'm still here in NC - on the outer banks where the winds are whipping us at 40 mph...and for now we're still connected via the Internet.:thumbup:

3. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Hey DJ... Good to see ya
    Shooter

4. Chuck Pike

Chuck Pike Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2010
    Charlotte, NC.
    I try to get to the Parkway as often as I can. Would love to live in Asheville or Hendersonville, but most likely never will. There should be some good color in just a couple of weeks. Being that I am retired, I go Monday through Friday and try to miss some of the cars. Biltmore has several interesting tours. We found the rooftop tour interesting, and you should get some good shots from there. We should get back for both Thanksgiving and Christmas to visit. Funny, I don't have any Biltmore shots on my web site. I need to correct that.
    Images for books, magazines and calendars | photosbypike

5. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Sadly, it looks as if the heat/lack of rain has really killed off many of the leaves in the hills around the mountains. The mountains still look pretty green, though. I wish we could have waited a few weeks to go, but it just wasn't in the cards.