1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

I'm assuming the screen is dead?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Yekim_Sicap, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Yekim_Sicap

Yekim_Sicap Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 5, 2015
    Frankfort, IL
    Michael
    Hello,
    I just want to make sure that this screen is dead before I have it exchanged. I have had this beautiful E-M5 for literally one week. Now the back LCD does this...

I was taking photos, and then when I went to playback the images that is what I saw.

Thoughts, opinions?

Thanks in advance!

Admins, if this is wrong section please move accordingly. Thanks

Mike IMG_4514.JPG IMG_4515.JPG

2. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Does the screen work when taking pictures? Can you access menus? Did the images record on the SD card? What do they look like if viewed on the computer?

3. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    If you were photographing a green curtain then there is nothing wrong with your camera.
    Otherwise it is broken.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yekim_Sicap

Yekim_Sicap Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 5, 2015
    Frankfort, IL
    Michael
    No I can not access any menu's when I press the buttons. I cannot switch from EVF to live view. The 'super control' screen doesn't even display. The images are okay when I download them to my computer

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  5. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Well, OK, just wanted to make sure it wasn't a corrupt card or something since you mentioned it happened during playback. If you can't see menus, though, I'm sure something is toast in the camera.

Thank goodness for return policies and warranties. Hardware is most likely do die right off the bat or after a long life.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yekim_Sicap

Yekim_Sicap Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 5, 2015
    Frankfort, IL
    Michael
    Thanks! Yes indeed thank goodness for return policies and warranties. I just finished chatting with the store that I bought it from. They've already sent the RMA, and it looks like I'm in good shape. Now the question is what do I do without my MFT? I guess I got to lug my FF DSLR around for now. Talk about 1st world problems. Not going to complain.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    It's a good time for a back-up body.... :)

8. Yekim_Sicap

Yekim_Sicap Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 5, 2015
    Frankfort, IL
    Michael
    The "boss" won't let me. I have three DSLR's as it is, so a fifth camera is definitely out of the question. I do like your think though!

9. Yekim_Sicap

Yekim_Sicap Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 5, 2015
    Frankfort, IL
    Michael
    Come to think of it. I did notice that the back LCD screen would flicker, and that the resolution wasn't the same. It wasn't as clear anymore. I just thought that the flickering was normal and that the bad resolution was a result of the "noise" from the image itself, or just a poorly taken image. I guess it wasn't me then.

10. CWRailman

CWRailman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    Michael,

I know what you are experiencing. My E-M10 crapped out after 6 days but Best Buy took it back and got me another one. https://www.mu-43.com/threads/77304/

I used to spend some time in Frankfort years ago. Is the Grainery still going? Do they have all the antique shops?

11. Yekim_Sicap

Yekim_Sicap Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 5, 2015
    Frankfort, IL
    Michael
    I just moved here about two years ago. There is a bike trail that runs right through downtown Frankfort. It's called Old Plank Road Trail. It runs from Joliet to the west all the way to Park Forest on the east. When I ride my bicycle through there I never noticed if it was still a functional grainery. It is still there, but I have no idea if it's operational. The antique shops are still there as well as some restaurants. It's a nice little town. I hope this brings back some memories... 10406713_10152494312717418_3136875347214570121_n.