I'll give you my G1 when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by colinhester, Mar 17, 2013.

1. colinhester

colinhester Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 17, 2013
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Colin Hester
    First, let me say I can't thank forum members enough for all the information that's made available. :thumbup:

I've lurked for longer than I should have, and thought it was time to join. Until yesterday I shot with nothing but a G1. This system has served me better than I could have imagined when I first started with the m4/3 format. My modest system has taken me from the family snapshot to local competitions to national juried exhibitions.

The upgrade bug bit, and bit hard. My new G5 arrived yesterday, and I guess my hands are getting a bit cold. Too early to tell but I think I'm in love. The two reasons I wanted to upgrade were: higher fps and higher useful ISO......we are so there! What I didn't expect: dead-on manual focusing thru viewfinder only w/o using 10x assist.....this opens up a lot of lens.

I look forward to learning and asking stupid questions, so please be kind.

What's in the bag: bodies: G1 and G5; Lumix lenses: 20mm, 14-45mm and 45-200mm; Rokinon 7.5; Minolta AF w/adapter: 50mm f1.7 and 28-200mm (Tamron); Holga: 25mm f/8 and pinhole; and a few c-mounts for fun.....
  2. wildwildwes

wildwildwes Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 9, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Welcome Colin! Looking forward to your stupid questions! :th_salute:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Colin, welcome aboard!

Enjoy the new camera, and post pics!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Welcome! The G5 was largely ignored upon release, it's now getting more recognition as a very capable camera. I love mine and I can't wait to see what the next G will look like next month!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. spinyman

spinyman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego
    Welcome!Let's see some pictures!
    • Like Like x 1