1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

I'll give you my G1 when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by colinhester, Mar 17, 2013.

1. colinhester

colinhester Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 17, 2013
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Colin Hester
    First, let me say I can't thank forum members enough for all the information that's made available. :thumbup:

I've lurked for longer than I should have, and thought it was time to join. Until yesterday I shot with nothing but a G1. This system has served me better than I could have imagined when I first started with the m4/3 format. My modest system has taken me from the family snapshot to local competitions to national juried exhibitions.

The upgrade bug bit, and bit hard. My new G5 arrived yesterday, and I guess my hands are getting a bit cold. Too early to tell but I think I'm in love. The two reasons I wanted to upgrade were: higher fps and higher useful ISO......we are so there! What I didn't expect: dead-on manual focusing thru viewfinder only w/o using 10x assist.....this opens up a lot of lens.

I look forward to learning and asking stupid questions, so please be kind.

What's in the bag: bodies: G1 and G5; Lumix lenses: 20mm, 14-45mm and 45-200mm; Rokinon 7.5; Minolta AF w/adapter: 50mm f1.7 and 28-200mm (Tamron); Holga: 25mm f/8 and pinhole; and a few c-mounts for fun.....

2. wildwildwes

wildwildwes Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 9, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Welcome Colin! Looking forward to your stupid questions! :th_salute:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Colin, welcome aboard!

Enjoy the new camera, and post pics!!

Regards,

Jim

• Like Like x 1
  4. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    Welcome! The G5 was largely ignored upon release, it's now getting more recognition as a very capable camera. I love mine and I can't wait to see what the next G will look like next month!

• Like Like x 1
  5. spinyman

spinyman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego
    Welcome!Let's see some pictures!

• Like Like x 1