1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

iISO on GH2 - Is this true?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by m43_user, Jun 8, 2011.

1. m43_user

m43_user Mu-43 Regular

Aug 4, 2010
    I found this statement from someone on another forum discussion how iISO works in the GH2 - not Auto ISO, but iISO (Intelligent ISO). Is the statement below true? If it is, then this is how I'd like to use an auto ISO type function in the GH2. I've been confused at how auto ISO and iISO work in the GH2 (compared to my D700 which is easy to understand and customize) and if this description is accurate, this is what I want to do. Here's the statement I'm asking about....

In every creative mode (PASM), you can set the ISO to iISO. This will limit the ISO to the value you have set via the MAX ISO option. The difference between AutoISO and iISO is that iISO will anaylize the situation also for moving objects and set ISO according to that (amongst other situations). Therefore the ISO number is not displayed in the finder or LVCD when using iISO because it is not only determined by the lighting. AutoISO on the other hand takes only the lighting into account and can therefore be displayed permanently. The ISO value is limited by the MAX ISO option and is selected also taking the current focal length into account.

The key for me is this: In every creative mode (PASM), you can set the ISO to iISO. This will limit the ISO to the value you have set via the MAX ISO option. That's what I'm looking for. If this statement is true, that's great and I think it will solve some problems for me.

Thoughts?

2. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    I'm not sure what your question is. The ISO Limit Set applies to both AutoISO and iISO, according to my GH2 manual (page 90).

On the next page, the manual states that iISO is disabled in shutter-priority and manual modes.

On page 123 it states that ISO LIMIT SET works in P,A,S,C1,C2,C3 modes only, with either AutoISO or iISO.

3. m43_user

m43_user Mu-43 Regular

Aug 4, 2010
    I'll fool around with it and see how it behaves in the various modes. As long as it does what I want in P and A mode I'll be satisfied. Panasonic's auto ISO function is different than I'm used to (Nikon).