If you've never dealt with MPB Camera you might want to consider them

I spoke with them on the phone, and they issued a call tag. It will be 3 weeks before I get my $ back. I asked how they let a camera with a screwed up car slot get out the door, she said sometimes they miss something. I asked how they can test a camera without putting a card in the slot.

Crickets.

The fact is, they didn't test this body.

She had the gall to ask me if I wanted a refund or an exchange.

You're joking...right?
I bought a used Panasonic GM1 from KEH. Cosmetically, it looked great. However, it wouldn't recognize several different SD cards that I inserted (they were recognized by my other Micro 4/3 bodies). So pretty clear they didn't test it. I called them, explained the situation, and they didn't argue with me - they immediately sent me a return label and refunded my money after they received the camera.

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
Well, I can't believe this but I fixed it. The slot on a Sony will take an SD card or a Memory Stick pro. Because of that there's some extra stuff that you don't see in a regular SD card slot. After comparing and looking closely, I saw something that didn't look like it belonged. Some internet searches and I determined it to be a piece of plastic from a card or memory stick that had been inserted before. I was (miraculously) able to fish it out by bending the tip over on one of those wires you use to close up a turkey during cooking. I was able to get just enough bite with the sharp point in the plastic to lift it out. Took a few tires but got it. So, while I'm still not happy with their performance, I am keeping the camera.

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
Well, I can't believe this but I fixed it. The slot on a Sony will take an SD card or a Memory Stick pro. Because of that there's some extra stuff that you don't see in a regular SD card slot. After comparing and looking closely, I saw something that didn't look like it belonged. Some internet searches and I determined it to be a piece of plastic from a card or memory stick that had been inserted before. I was (miraculously) able to fish it out by bending the tip over on one of those wires you use to close up a turkey during cooking. I was able to get just enough bite with the sharp point in the plastic to lift it out. Took a few tires but got it. So, while I'm still not happy with their performance, I am keeping the camera.
Do you think they may have tested it with the Memory Stick Pro card?

Taz trooper

Mu-43 Regular
One Olympus body and two lenses (Olympus and Panasonic) purchased from MPB, delighted with all three, and very keen prices.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom