1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

If you didnt have a camera...E-p1, 2 or E-PL1? opinions please

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by kstevieh, Feb 17, 2010.

1. kstevieh

kstevieh Mu-43 Regular

Jan 21, 2010
    USA, West Virginia
    Well I was trying to decide between the E-p1 and 2....and now the E-PL1 is in the picture lol.

Anyways my thoughts are this. The E-PL1 is only 600 bucks. I can pick up a used 17mm that someone doesnt want then save money for the EVF later and other lenses. With the E-P1 i never have the option for an EVF.

Seems a better deal to me just because I will have the option to get the EVF.

Plus I can use this camera a year or two and then pick up an E-P2 body used for a good price most likely....or get and E-P1 used really cheap just cause they look the coolest.

What does everyone think?

2. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Should be the same sensor... If you need the flash I say go for it... I don't like the controls from the initial picture, but then again I prefered the GF1 controls until I really set up custom features and now I love the EP1/EP2 controls

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi kstevieh,

if you're looking for the best value for money, the E-PL1 could be a good bet... the EVF interface and dedicated MF assist zoom button could make it a good match for use with legacy prime lenses too.

Olympus have promised a high spec m4/3rds camera - so easing your way into m4/3rds on a budget could be a great start.

Cheers

Brian

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Brian's points are well taken. I wrote something similar to you in an email. Your approach seems to be a wise one fiscally, too. Hindsight is 20:20. Of course the E-PL1 wasn't out when I was in my "have to have" mode.:wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.