If they made it for MFT i would buy it

Discussion in 'This or That?' started by kiwirobfinland, Feb 6, 2016.

1. kiwirobfinland

kiwirobfinland Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2016
    What things would you like to buy for MFT that are not out there
    here is my wish list
    a 12 megapixell clean high ISO camera
    a 250mm f5 af mirror lens (olympus patented one a few years a go)
    a weather sealed pancake wide angle lens mayby 14mms
    a weather sealed 100mm micro lens
    a wire less ring flash
    a battery grip with built in wire less remote
    whats on your wish list
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    I could get tempted by some weather sealed primes, a tilt/shift lens around 12-17mm in focal length, and especially by a camera with an infinite dynamic range sensor (last one very tongue in cheek, totally impossible, and totally desirable).
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Any camera that can have its menus, EVF displays, wheels and buttons programmed via a PC. That way I can get rid of menu items I never need, and group the stuff I do need in a single high-level menu. Nice to have: a really simple WiFi interface. Japan does great hardware and really poor software UIs.
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Vivalo

Vivalo Olympus Loser

Nov 16, 2010
    Better photography skills
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

12-60mm f4 OIS.
    67mm f1.4
    18mm f1.4
  6. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    I'm even less ambitious that this. I just want to store some configurations on my PC or phone, then download them to the camera body for use as various (C, A, P, S, M) settings. This would mostly eliminate the "how did that get changed?" moments when the camera does something I didn't expect.

Of course, a PC-based user interface that was less awkward and time-consuming than the LCD menu system would be nice, too.

This kind of stuff is easily do-able and could even be an add-on product for the OEMs to sell.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    A 7mm, 8mm or 9mm Rectilinear autofocus lens. A maximum aperture of f3.5 or f4.0 would be fine to keep the price and size/weight down. The 7-14mm zoom is too bulky and expensive.
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. coffeecat

coffeecat Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 4, 2012
    SW England
    The whole programmable camera thing is something Thom Hogan has complained about before, and frankly it's crazy that the camera industry hasn't done it yet. Come to think of it, I'm not sure any industry has done it... Cars, pvrs, whatever
  9. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    A 10-30mm f3.5. Ideally weather-sealed, but doesn't need to be. Can also be variable aperture (f2.8-4). It doesn't need to be nearly as small as the 9-18mm, I'd be just fine if it was up to about 400g and 12-40mm sized, though obviously smaller is better...

That's the kind of lens I'd love to see in any system. I've really grown to appreciate the "moderate ultrawide" of my 11-22mm, but I find I'm more likely to run out of range on the long-end than the short end. 22mm is an almost perfect "normal" FL for M4/3, but 30mm would make it that little bit more versatile. And I expect that such a lens could still be made smaller than the 11-22, as ultrawides designed for DSLRs are all enormous due to the flange distance.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    28 or 35 fixed lens small camera with an evf, the ability to easily zone focus, and a setting where you choose shutter speed and aperture and the camera sets the exposure by adjusting ISO.
  11. demiro

demiro Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Only one I'm aware of is universal remote controls. Check out Logitech.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. demiro

demiro Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    I'll piggy back on this one. I'd like a two camera set: 35 and 90mm, f1.8. Probably need to offer a 50 as well, to keep everyone happy. As small and simple as possible.
  13. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    smallish wide angle prime with great optics and allows filter. Non-fisheye
    • Like Like x 1
  14. min

min Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 3, 2011

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Andym72

Andym72 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 4, 2013
    Reading, UK
    I would like another Ultra Wide Angle lens choice. Zoom or Prime, I'm not fussed. The trouble we have with the 3 lenses that are out today is you either have one that takes filters, or one that hasn't got fringing and mushiness in the corners. You can't have both.

I would be happy with a redesigned, 9-18mm Mark II, that had more sharpness and less fringing over more of the useable aperture range.
  16. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    I was going to write a reasonably small 12-50 2.8-4. But I liked the 10-30 from TurboFrog. So maybe a 10-35 + 35-120 around f4? Something like that.
    And a non-pro fast medium tele prime, like 105/135/150 2.8, maybe macro (or not, if helps to keep it smaller).

About programmable cameras Olympus started doing something similar but the software only runs on an external device:

OLYMPUS OPC Hack & Make Project

Samsung android platform was a good starting point but... :(
    • Like Like x 1
  17. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    What I would like is a native tilt/shift lens. No adapter. I don't know if autofocus is possible with tilt/shift but if it is I want that too. Basically, "I want it with everything" as the saying goes. This is a wish list thread and if I'm going to wish then I don't want to only go half way in what I wish for. I may have to compromise on my purchases but I don't have to compromise on my wishes. :)
  18. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    A native 150mm f2.8 or even better, f2 macro lens.
    Native fast, SHG primes and f2 zooms
    A body with superior CAF performance
    Lens tripod collars with built-in arca rails.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. exakta

exakta Mu-43 Regular

Jun 2, 2015
    Not a true ringlight, but the Metz 15 MS-1 does u43 wireless
  20. kiwirobfinland

kiwirobfinland Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2016
    hi your right the only stockist here had it listed as discontinued
    i just checked again now and they are available on order
    so some thing to pick up in the summer