1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Featured If the Em1mk2 can do tennis even high iso then the EM1X ..... (img heavy)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by AussiePhil, Apr 26, 2019.

1. ac12

ac12 Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 24, 2018
    Depending where I am, like shooting a game in the bright SUN, I can't even do that. There is sooo much glare on the back screen that it is useless, without something like a "Hoodman" device, or a jacket over the camera and me (like looking at view camera ground glass screen). The EVF is immune to that problem, which is one reason I LIKE using the EM1 in the sun.

If the EM1-mk3 can do half of what the EM1X can do, I will gladly switch from my D7200.
    The EM1X can do what I want, but I can't afford it, so I have to wait for the mk3.

Kelly's comment is dead on target for me, the weight of the FX/DX gear is just too heavy, for this old man. The m4/3 gear lets me still shoot and be mobile, vs. fixed in a chair with a heavy lens on a monopod.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Macroramphosis

Macroramphosis Mu-43 Veteran

@AussiePhil@AussiePhil

As you probably, can guess, there are a lot of tennis magazines in our house nowadays, and I can honestly say that we do not pore over pixelative rolling shutter effects when looking at the photos - so your examples are mighty bloody fine to our eyes! I would suspect that only those taking photos, and perhaps 0.0000001% of the readers, would even question rolling shutter and the deformation of the ball on an exaggerated sliced serve.

Thanks, too, for your continued advice on the 'other' thread Phil - much appreciated :) 

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. DennyVanNostrand

DennyVanNostrand Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 3, 2018
    Amazing shots.

4. ac12

ac12 Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 24, 2018
    @AussiePhil@AussiePhil GREAT shots. :bravo-009:
    Gives me some new ideas to try to shoot next year, rather than my same old thing, that even I am getting bored at.

5. MacBook

MacBook Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Jul 24, 2010
    South Carolina
    Back in 2014, at the U.S. Open, I had the E-M1.1 and the 50-200 non-SWD four-thirds lens. Perhaps my favorite capture was the synchronized levitating Bryan Brothers.

Brian Brothers 267.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. alex g

alex g Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Mar 30, 2016
    New York / Bath
    Some really cracking shots there, Phil. :thumbsup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.