If the Em1mk2 can do tennis even high iso then the EM1X ..... (img heavy)

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I like the old guy on the right, squinting at his LCD like he had never heard of "mirrorless." :)

I rarely use my LCD, because I'm in the half of my life when I pay for the perfect vision I had in the other half of my life. (Luckily, I have a spouse who spent half her life with glasses. Now, I call her my "splinter puller." :))
Depending where I am, like shooting a game in the bright SUN, I can't even do that. There is sooo much glare on the back screen that it is useless, without something like a "Hoodman" device, or a jacket over the camera and me (like looking at view camera ground glass screen). The EVF is immune to that problem, which is one reason I LIKE using the EM1 in the sun.

If the EM1-mk3 can do half of what the EM1X can do, I will gladly switch from my D7200.
The EM1X can do what I want, but I can't afford it, so I have to wait for the mk3.

Kelly's comment is dead on target for me, the weight of the FX/DX gear is just too heavy, for this old man. The m4/3 gear lets me still shoot and be mobile, vs. fixed in a chair with a heavy lens on a monopod.

Last edited:
Real Name
Roddy
@AussiePhil

As you probably, can guess, there are a lot of tennis magazines in our house nowadays, and I can honestly say that we do not pore over pixelative rolling shutter effects when looking at the photos - so your examples are mighty bloody fine to our eyes! I would suspect that only those taking photos, and perhaps 0.0000001% of the readers, would even question rolling shutter and the deformation of the ball on an exaggerated sliced serve.

Thanks, too, for your continued advice on the 'other' thread Phil - much appreciated :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom