If money was not a option, what would your dream setup be?

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by colbycheese, Jul 12, 2012.

1. colbycheese

colbycheese Mu-43 Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    If i could have any setup, i would have a OM-D with a 12mm Olympus lens. I am just wondering, what is your dream setup that you would love?

2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    If money not an option? I think you mean if money was not an issue. ;)

If money was no problem for me, then I would quit working and I wouldn't need a camera anymore. xD

• Like Like x 1
  3. drewbot

drewbot Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    I'd love an M9 and 35 Summilux APSH.

• Like Like x 2
  4. dylandingo

dylandingo Mu-43 Regular

Nov 12, 2011
    La Crosse, WI
    Just about to put the same thing....ahaha

But as far as micro four thirds, I wouldn't mind an OMD with a Oly 12mm, Panasonic 25mm, and the Oly 45mm(the only piece of my dream setup I own!)

5. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Already bought it....

Anything more would be just icing on the cake.

Of course the standard answer would be that I would just retire wealthy leave the world of problems behind. Thats just being too realistic in a thread that is intended to fantasizing over photo equipment.

6. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    My dream setup would be one that isn't available now, and I'd be willing to pay Olympus and/or Panasonic to develop and release it.

Basically it would come down more to lenses I don't have rather than bodies I don't have. Fast and optically high quality weather sealed 17mm and 25mm pancakes would be high on my list, a fast weather sealed tele prime of around 250-400mm, and perhaps if I wanted a new body then an E-M5 or E-P3 monochrome body for those crazy moments.

I might also buy a printer and calibration hardware/software and start learning to print.

I've got E-M5 and E-P3 bodies with the fast trinity of primes plus the 17mm. The bodies I have are good enough for me. I'm happy with the lenses I have from the currently available range. It's the lenses that aren't available that really are on my want list and that's not to bad a situation to be in because I don't have to worry about GAS or budget while they aren't available.

7. michaeln

michaeln Guest

I'd like a 8x10 field camera with a high resolution digital back, lots of lenses and someone to carry it all for me and tell me when and where to point it and how to PP the resulting files on the huge powerful supercomputer that is part of this silly fantasy exercise.

8. TexChappy

TexChappy Mu-43 Regular

Jun 30, 2012
    Well, I wasn't going to put that... I was going to put down M9-P + 50 f0.95 Noctilux.

In micro four thirds I'd add Oly 12/2, Oly 75/1,8, and a yet as unmade Oly 300/f2 to my OM-D kit.

9. D@ne

D@ne Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2012
    Toronto
    This may be the first and last time I say this...but I'm actually happy with what I own at the moment!

...ask me in 5 minutes though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Exposed

Exposed Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2011
    Central Washington State
    Randy dawson
    Hasselblad Superwide....New!

11. jumbotron

jumbotron Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2011
    Vancouver, Canada
    Must be a Canadian thing, but yeah - two thumbs up on this set-up too. I could probably break the bank now and do it, but just can't justify it with the amount of shooting I do - besides, variety is the spice of life - right now, I'm pretty satisfied with my Em5 and my eyes aren't straying too far - despite seeing that Canon mirror less APSC mock-up on the front page

12. JJJPhoto

JJJPhoto Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Cincinnati, OH
    Jerry Jackson Jr
    Well, if money was no issue, I'd buy Olympus, Sony, Fujifilm and Leica then merge them into one massive camera company building the best mirrorless cameras and lenses money can buy in a range of prices to suit different budgets and needs.

If you're speaking "realistically" then I pretty much already have my dream setup now ... although I'd like to buy the new 75mm f/1.8 lens.

I'd like Olympus to make a new version of the 17mm pancake that isn't any larger but has silent (and fast) MSC autofocus and an aperture of f/2.0 ... yes, I know that is virtually impossible without making the lens larger, but I can dream.

I'd also like Olympus to make m4/3 versions of the 12-60mm f/2.8-4 and 50-200mm f2.8-3.5 lenses with MSC AF. Those two lenses are the only 4/3 lenses that I still use with my m4/3 cameras, so if Oly makes m4/3 versions of that glass then those older, slower lenses can stay with my E-1 and E-3 bodies.

13. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    What's great about m4/3s is that many more people can realistically purchase a "dream set up". If you were on a Canon forum asking that question then only a tiny percentage (fraction of 1%) could realistically purchase the dream.

It helps that our expensive lenses are basically at the same price point as the entry level "good" lenses in DSRL world.

• Like Like x 3
  14. TexChappy

TexChappy Mu-43 Regular

Jun 30, 2012
    Amen to that. For what I was shopping the Nikon 'Holy Trinity' at you could probably get every single m43 lens currently available from panasonic and olympus.

15. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

Oh man

I'd have a Hasselblad with the biggest digital back made. I'd have a Nikon 800e with all the lenses and that new 800mm. Probably have to have the big Leica. And maybe what I have now for fun stuff. And of course somebody to carry it all and do the grunt work. :biggrin:

Hey, you said money no issue. :biggrin:

16. silversx80

silversx80 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 27, 2012
    North Carolina
    I'd keep my current gear (unless Olympus released a 25/1.8 and a redux 17/1.8), and get a Triumph Bonneville with a sidecar (plus suspension and minor engine upgrades). The wife could ride pillion and the dog in the side. Take a month and see the perimeter of the CONUS.

At this point, I'm content enough with my gear that my next get-up will focus on time, location, and method of conveyance to get there.

17. TexChappy

TexChappy Mu-43 Regular

Jun 30, 2012
    So you're not going to come see us folks in the middle. I'm hurt :mad:

18. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    My current kit plus:

....3 months on the Adriatic Coast.

Does that count ??

19. mnhoj

mnhoj There and back again

Dec 3, 2011
    Los Angeles
    John M
    That's a winner.

I'd like to follow but with a 7-14 too.

• Like Like x 1
  20. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    I'd add an OM5 and a Panny 12-35mm to my kit, as well as a Canon 5D and 60D and T/S lenses 17mm and 24mm. Come on, Schneider, you can do this, make us an MFT 14mm shift lens!