If money was not a issue, what would your dream setup be?

Discussion in 'This or That?' started by colbycheese, Jul 12, 2012.

1. colbycheese

colbycheese Mu-43 Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    If i could have any setup, i would have a OM-D with a 12mm Olympus lens. I am just wondering, what is your dream setup that you would love?
  2. emirabal

emirabal Mu-43 Regular

Does not exist

My ideal would be a full frame sensor in my GF3 with a F1.4 pancake lens. With a 24mm or 45mm or 50mm focal length.

Since it doesn't exist. Ill go with a real one.

CANON Mark III with a 50 f1.4 or 1.2
  3. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    If we're talking m4/3 gear, maybe an OM-D with the new Panasonic 12-35 and 35-100 for it, though honestly I'm happy enough with the G3 that I wouldn't consider that a huge leap forward. The new Panasonic fast zooms are really attractive to me and would probably be my go-to setup. Those paired with the 7-14 or 100-300 and possibly one fast prime, depending on what I expect to be shooting and I'd be covered for just about anything I'd want.

If we're talking photography gear in general, and I have money to burn - probably something totally different as a complement to the m4/3 gear. It's hard to say as I haven't used other systems, but on my short list of cameras I'd love to own or at least try (in addition to my m4/3 gear):

1) Full frame DSLR setup. Choosing today, probably a Nikon D800E and a couple high quality lenses, preferably a wide -> normal zoom and a good prime lens. Mainly the thing that I find attractive with the D800E is the sharpness and dynamic range it's capable of, plus the obvious boost in low light with a FF sensor.

2) A medium format camera like a PhaseOne or Leica S2 (and a couple good lenses of course). Landscapes and portraits done with medium format frequently seem to catch my eye. Not sure how much use I'd get out of something like that in real world shooting outside a studio though.
  4. TexChappy

TexChappy Mu-43 Regular

Jun 30, 2012
    Oh, oh, forgot the 38 inch iMac to edit all the photos on.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Good point... my macbook has served me really well as a daily work machine, not so much as a photo editing station :D I sure wouldn't mind a nice 30" high res display with lots of horsepower to run edits!
  6. st3v4nt

st3v4nt Mu-43 Veteran

May 26, 2011
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Two OM-D one for zoom the other for prime, so I don't have to constantly changing the lens.