If in six months the vaccine is working where is the first place you are going for a photo shoot?

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Have to sell my furry nest parasites (cats) first, before I can go anywhere further away than I can throw a can of cat food.

Any takers?

I make best price for you my friend!

DISCLAIMER: Any offense taken/given is purely accidental and entirely due to my own inaneness

Last edited:

Clint

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Clint
...Perhaps it may be better to think about 18 months out. ...
NOT! Just in the last couple of months - Prescott National Forest, Coconino National Forest, North Algodones Dunes, Anza-Borrego Desert, Cleveland National Forest, Cuyamaca Rancho State Park and any number of BLM lands between those!
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Prescott National Forest, Coconino National Forest, North Algodones Dunes, Anza-Borrego Desert, Cleveland National Forest, Cuyamaca Rancho State Park and any number of BLM lands between those!

DHOC_TAZH

Mu-43 Regular
I'd love to go back to the Southeast US, and parts of the midwest... maybe back to California and Nevada, too. Spent some time a few years ago in the South, primarily to help my brother pack and move to Virginia from Savannah, GA.

PhotoCal

Mu-43 Veteran
NOT! Just in the last couple of months - Prescott National Forest, Coconino National Forest, North Algodones Dunes, Anza-Borrego Desert, Cleveland National Forest, Cuyamaca Rancho State Park and any number of BLM lands between those!View attachment 861516Prescott National Forest, Coconino National Forest, North Algodones Dunes, Anza-Borrego Desert, Cleveland National Forest, Cuyamaca Rancho State Park and any number of BLM lands between those!View attachment 861517

Ah, you've been visiting those places that are now virus hot spots.

Unless you are truly self-contained, including making/growing your own food, you could still be spreading transmission.

Six months out is nothing. The long-term efficacy is unknown. We could wind up with a fourth wave in the late winter, and then a fifth wave around Memorial Day.

I'm already observing people shunning precautions because "there's a vaccine!!!".

It's still got a long ways to go .

Then consider COVID19 will be endemic, and that viruses mutate.

Climate change will increase the occurrence of pandemics.

But as long as you can take pictures ...

Clint

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Clint
Ah, you've been visiting those places that are now virus hot spots.

Unless you are truly self-contained, including making/growing your own food, you could still be spreading transmission.
To have a hot spot or transmit a disease you need a location with people. The closet I've been camping to someone on these trips is 1/8 mile or more.

Six months out is nothing. The long-term efficacy is unknown. We could wind up with a fourth wave in the late winter, and then a fifth wave around Memorial Day.

It's still got a long ways to go .
Which is why I'm taking advantage of these camping/photo trips when so few people are around. Thanks for staying home! One less to worry about.

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Why do you think I live in Oregon now??? o_O
Well sometimes I think I should be satisfied with the 5 species of scorpions and 2 species of Rattlesnakes we have, as well as more cougars and black bears. Heck would could even have Murder Hornets soon, as well as the exciting news of Brown Widows being found in Oregon City:)

bigboysdad

Mu-43 All-Pro
Dover and surrounding areas, the green green grass and White Cliffs (and unfortunatley as it will be then, tons and tons of transport trucks).

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
Well sometimes I think I should be satisfied with the 5 species of scorpions and 2 species of Rattlesnakes we have, as well as more cougars and black bears. Heck would could even have Murder Hornets soon, as well as the exciting news of Brown Widows being found in Oregon City:)
I'm on the coast, no rattlers here. The big creatures don't bother me, just the cold, slick rope-shaped ones :D

Paulb123

Mu-43 Regular
Isle of Skye booked for April.
Interestingly the first place that I visited after the 1st UK lockdown was Wharram Percy in the Yorkshire Wolds. There is just a church there and like other villages was decimated due to the black death/ plague. There are similar 6 other deserted villages within 20 miles and records show that a nearby abbey lost 80% of the monks due to the black death. Great place to ponder our situation and wonder what their villagers made of this. In 2010, archaeologists found some of the bodies in the graves had been decapitated - they think the villagers did this as they did not want the victims to come back to life (like modern day zombies).
Seems only fit to revisit this place when it is all over

doxa750

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Narin
Taking my family back to Thailand so that grandparents can enjoy their granddaughter. I and my wife could hang out by the beach somewhere :)

We usually go during end of year every year. We are now anxiously waiting for the vaccine, but will be very patience with the whole process.

Cheers

Last edited:

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
I had a trip in planning for the 2020 summer holiday, a road trip around the Baltic Sea.
This will probably my 2021 summer trip if it is feasible.

My planning so far:
Ferry from Stockholm to Turku, then to Helsinki and a ferry to Tallin, then driving through Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland.
How I get home from there is not settled, maybe a ferry from Gdansk or driving through Germany and Denmark.
(Driving though Germany and Denmark will make it possible to drive over the Great Belt Bridge, I have wanted to see that.)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom