If in six months the vaccine is working where is the first place you are going for a photo shoot?

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Easy one for me, with my friend George to the South Western US for my critter and landscape images. Been imaging in Oregon, but looking forward to the desert environment for imaging again. Actually Oregon has lot of desert lands but I've been doing yearly trips there for a long time.

Real Name
Walter
Undoubtably the Big Island (of Hawaii). I've had to cancel two trips there already thanks to COVID-19 and have two sets of round-trip tickets I have to use. Have to work on the house there, but love going there anyway. Don't need much of an excuse.

susannemcom

Mu-43 Regular
I will be very cautious in the beginning and won't leave Ireland. My first go-to place will be Cork city and then Dingle both 1-2 hours away.
When things are more certain, first stop is Dalarna, Sweden, mainly to see my parents, but I will also go out and take photos in their beautiful area.

Petrochemist

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mike
Like @Phocal I still shoot locally on occasion, so the first place will undoubtedly be one of my usual haunts.
For the more distant shoots it depends which events run. I don't think any of them even have provisional dates listed yet.
This years holiday to Sicily fell through (we've yet to get the full refund) but I doubt we'll schedule it again for 2021.

MPrince

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Matt Prince
I never stopped going on photo shoots/vacation trips. In addition to my local area, flew out to Utah this summer for 10 days, drove down to southern Virginia, North Carolina, and Myrtle Beach for 2 weeks last month, and will be heading down to Florida in late January for at least 6 weeks, maybe longer.

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I could spend a lifetime just imaging in Oregon, but the Southwest has so many more species of snakes, scorpions, and spiders that its a treat to image there. We have 2 species of rattlesnakes, lots of spiders, but only 5 species of scorpions. Since I have a medical condition that puts me at high risk for the virus (plus being 71), I am being careful. However, I can drive 2 or 4 hours and being in many different ecological niches or fly and and in three hours be in the southwest imaging. So I am waiting to see what the summer brings and how big this bubble is and how it impacts the ability to travel.

SpecFoto

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim
Thailand, because my wife and I love it there. We have been delayed all this year getting there, so hopefully once we get the vaccine we can enter the country next year without a 2 week quarentine. We will stay for 2-1/2 to 3 months total.

Here is the view from one of our favorite places we stayed for 5 weeks on our last trip, and a few times before that, and we will go here again. About a 5 mile long beach to walk along with vendors only in the first 1/4 mile, after that it is an Army beachfront golf course and private residences with only 2 hotels and a big beachfront park set into the jungle until the next town about 5 miles away. This photo was taken back in 2007 with my D200 and 17-55mm lens, long before I got into M4/3. Been using my Olympus gear in Thailand since 2012 and will be taking the Oly Em1.3, 17mm f1.8, 75mm f1.8, 12-40 f2.8 and 40-150mm f2.8 Pro w/1.4x tc, P/Leica 25mm f1.4 and 42.5 f1.2 Nocticron, and the Laowa 7.5mm f2. This covers me for just about everything plus I bring my Mavic Pro drone and it all fits into my mid-size dayback that weighs 7.5kg total. I pack in the luggage a smaller shoulder bag for walks on the beach and day trips that holds a body, 2 lenses and the drone, or a 3rd lens. Besides beach and street shooting I will be doing some portraits with a photographer friend who lives there, and going a couple of times to Sam Roi NP for nature photos and the evening elephant natural feeding. Plus we will be visiting a long time friend who is a monk in the NE of Thailand, near the Laos border. Lots of photo opportunities!

Penthouse View.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

PhotoCal

Mu-43 Veteran
I realize we all want the pandemic to be over, but once a vaccine is available, consider:
- availability will be extremely difficult for most people
- the long-term side effects are unknown and we don't know whether any adverse effects will curtail distribution and/or acceptance.
- a sizeable portion of the population is already vaccine hesitant, and morr people will be especially leery of new vaccines.

Perhaps it may be better to think about 18 months out. And there is likely to be a mutated version of some type of virus sometime in the future.

This is the second global pandemic in 11 years. We should all be prepared for this being the new normal.

Seahawk

Mu-43 Top Veteran
A no-brainer for us. As soon as it's possible to go we will be travelling to my beloved Engadine in Switzerland, via Germany (we usually drive) hopefully next summer. I always find something to photograph there. Roll on the vaccine!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom