1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

identifying a vivitar 75-205mm mount

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by ages_devil, Sep 27, 2013.

1. ages_devil

ages_devil New to Mu-43

Sep 27, 2013
    hi everybody,
    I'm bout to order a used lens but I'm confused as the seller didn't mention the lens mount and i found many versions of it.
    i attached pictures of the lens, would you please help me know the mount, i suspect it's k mount but I'm not sure.

thanks.

Attached Files:

2. verbatimium

verbatimium Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario
    Martin
    Hard to see the mount in those pictures. Maybe someone that knows a little bit more about the variety of mounts can help you.

I was curious though, any particular reason why you chose this lens? I actually have that lens laying around that I got in a box of camera gear (Konica AR mount) but have never tried it.

3. dwig

dwig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 26, 2010
    Key West FL
    The pix don't show the mount very well so it is impossible to say with any certainty what mount it is.

That said, it seems to be a basic m42 (aka "Pentax" or "Praktica") thread mount complete with an A/M switch.

4. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Yep, that's it. In those days, Vivitar identified that mount with the "M" designation - but I don't believe there is an A/M switch there

5. ages_devil

ages_devil New to Mu-43

Sep 27, 2013
    if that's the case then i can't order it, i had an offer for free customs so i was going to use it and order couple of lenses, maybe I'll look for something else then.

thanks guys.