Identify the Mystery Object.

357mag

Mu-43 Veteran
Zooming out a bit.
2021-07-24 18.05.58s2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

BDR-529

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Ookay, let's continue with this common contraption

20210726_141452.jpg

BDR-529

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Hint: few years ago digital camera owners almost certainly had one but nowadays it's not guaranteed anymore.

BDR-529

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Looks like an RJ45 connector.
20210726_141515.jpg

Well, it was not supposed to look like one :D

ex machina

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Hint: few years ago digital camera owners almost certainly had one but nowadays it's not guaranteed anymore.
Really? I didn't know that. But then I don't think I came back to photography until after the USB era. I guess I did have a small toy camera for a minute that used I think an RS232 connection.

BDR-529

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Really? I didn't know that. But then I don't think I came back to photography until after the USB era. I guess I did have a small toy camera for a minute that used I think an RS232 connection.
I didn't mean that digital cameras ever had RJ45 (aka ethernet) port but practically every laptop which was mandatory for post processing had one.

Now my new work laptop does not have RJ45 or even HDMI-port which is ah, so convenient because I have to carry a bagload of adapters with me each time I want to present something in the big meeting room screen or connect to wired internet in places where WLAN is banned due to security reasons.

I still have RJ45 connectors at home because WLAN routers use them but someone who only uses 4G or 5G mobile data and perhaps shares it with hotspot to other devices might not have a single ethernet port in house.

ex machina

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I didn't mean that digital cameras ever had RJ45 (aka ethernet) port but practically every laptop which was mandatory for post processing had one.

Now my new work laptop does not have RJ45 or even HDMI-port which is ah, so convenient because I have to carry a bagload of adapters with me each time I want to present something in the big meeting room screen or connect to wired internet in places where WLAN is banned due to security reasons.

I still have RJ45 connectors at home because WLAN routers use them but someone who only uses 4G or 5G mobile data and perhaps shares it with hotspot to other devices might not have a single ethernet port in house.
Gotcha. Posted before I had my morning coffee. ;)

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard
New challenge. Hope it's not too easy.

_RSC1370.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom