Identify the Mystery Object.

banj911

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Bennet Duhig
Not a household item, but it will be interesting to see how quickly it gets guessed.
C37FF1A7-AE26-49C7-BF8A-6FDD7DF8DECE.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

banj911

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Bennet Duhig
Ha, not a beer keg, bomb (dirty or otherwise) or refrigerant. It does need a gas to operate correctly though, hence the gauge.

ektar

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
World’s largest T-shirt cannon.

OK, I know that's wrong. Thinking out loud: We're looking at a pressure cylinder. Two handles on either side. We're looking at the top; the business end appears to be the other end, as there's not a gas connection on this end unless it's under the blacked out area. Don't know if the red button is a "trigger" or a safety device, but the gas connection may be under that red cap; its not a button, but I guess there could be one under there. Soda cylinders don't operate at 50 PSI, and they're not under pressure until they're in use. The connector under the threaded/tethered cap is an electrical one, so that makes the red button a safety thing and the control has to be plugged in.

That's all I got.

Entirely possible that I'm FOS.

Last edited:

banj911

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Bennet Duhig
World’s largest T-shirt cannon.

OK, I know that's wrong. Thinking out loud: We're looking at a pressure cylinder. Two handles on either side. We're looking at the top; the business end appears to be the other end, as there's not a gas connection on this end unless it's under the blacked out area. Don't know if the red button is a "trigger" or a safety device, but the gas connection may be under that red cap; its not a button, but I guess there could be one under there. Soda cylinders don't operate at 50 PSI, and they're not under pressure until they're in use. The connector under the threaded/tethered cap is an electrical one, so that makes the red button a safety thing and the control has to be plugged in.

That's all I got.

Entirely possible that I'm FOS.
So, it does hold gas pressure but that's not its primary role, it needs the gas to operate correctly. There are two electrical connections, one under the red cap and one under the threaded cap.
Let's see how far that gets you.

Apollo T.

Mu-43 Top Veteran
My several thoughts:
1- Red 'button' looks like it could be a warning light and button.
2- Slotted brass screw near the gauge MAY be a gas pressure (relief) adjuster
c- Some years ago, I believe, there was a convention that cylinders were color coded with green being reserved for oxygen,
4- OP's avatar includes "911" This is the emergency phone number in US. I don't know if it's the same in Aus. Is banj911 an ER worker? anEMT?

For these reasons I have deduced that the item is a surgical grade variable
pressure butt plug!!!

TADA

banj911

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Bennet Duhig
My several thoughts:
1- Red 'button' looks like it could be a warning light and button.
2- Slotted brass screw near the gauge MAY be a gas pressure (relief) adjuster
c- Some years ago, I believe, there was a convention that cylinders were color coded with green being reserved for oxygen,
4- OP's avatar includes "911" This is the emergency phone number in US. I don't know if it's the same in Aus. Is banj911 an ER worker? anEMT?

For these reasons I have deduced that the item is a surgical grade variable
pressure butt plug!!!

TADA
Wow, there’s a lot of long bows there! I’m a Porsche fan, that’s where the 911 fits in. The gas used is not oxygen. The item is about 80cm long and the other end houses a fan for cooling. This is a great game.

Zapp

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Darek
I've seen enough of them in pressure vessel business to identify this one.

I would be able to post the next one after a few hours, so if anyone is ready before that - please step in.

BDR-529

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Yep, it’s a Lorad 200kV X-ray tube head. The gas used in the tube head (sulphur hexafluoride) prevents arcing during operation. We use X-rays for aircraft parts inspection.
Just admit you don't actually have an X-ray machine. This was purchased for that "Luke I'm your father"-party trick. :D

Zapp

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Darek
MOx_20126648s.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ektar

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
Yep, it’s a Lorad 200kV X-ray tube head. The gas used in the tube head (sulphur hexafluoride) prevents arcing during operation. We use X-rays for aircraft parts inspection.
Dafuq? That may win the obscure as heck award for the year.

Oh, as to the objects: Looks like two different sized drinking straws.

Latest threads

Top Bottom