Identify the Mystery Object.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
The MOT test is the annual "does that old banger of a vehicle meet the very lowest standard of roadworthiness" test.
Same as in Sweden maybe "Bilbesiktning" yearly check-up on roadworthiness and safety on (older than 3 years) vehicles.
Don't you have to go back and show that you have fixed the problem before using the car again?

Hmm, reminds me that I must check when my car is due!

Brodhall

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Sue
Same as in Sweden maybe "Bilbesiktning" yearly check-up on roadworthiness and safety on (older than 3 years) vehicles.
Don't you have to go back and show that you have fixed the problem before using the car again?

Have you not had reminders from every Tom Dick and Harry

ex machina

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
No, it is only 2 years old so I probably have a year to go, but I need to check.'
Ok, I just checked I have until 2021-10-31.

I was surprised to learn when I moved to Baltimore that I don't have a yearly safety inspection as we did in Virginia -- once you register your car in Maryland you need a safety inspection, but after that, the state doesn't care. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard

The good thing about the original Mini was that there were just two very big bolts and four small ones holding the front subframe on.

With the help of two mates, I went to a scrapyard and retrieved a newer front subframe, engine, gearbox, track rods etc. for about £90. Changed the lot.

The most time consuming part of the whole project was finding someone willing to lend us a wrench big enough to get the two biggest bolts out.

Sold the original engine and gearbox for about £60 (with the rotton subframe still attached!).

You could actually fix cars yourself in 1982.

Mountain_Man_79

Enjoying Cameraderie
Real Name
Chris
I was surprised to learn when I moved to Baltimore that I don't have a yearly safety inspection as we did in Virginia -- once you register your car in Maryland you need a safety inspection, but after that, the state doesn't care. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I was similarly surprised when I came to California from Pennsylvania. Although it explains why people’s bumpers just fly off their car while your driving on the highway...it’s a regular Mad Max movie out here.

Zapp

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Darek
Now, for some may be easy, for the others maybe not so.

MO47-3-1s.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Zapp

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Darek
Clay trap?

Not a clay trap.
It's not a standalone device.

Wider:

MO47-3-2s.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Top Bottom