Identify the Mystery Object.

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Darek
20127504_MOx1-3s.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Darek
Last hint before presenting the object.

1. Imagine the item shown without the holes - what it might be?
2. Find the correct name for this specific one.
3. Post it and collect the "Winner". Done.

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Darek
20127492_MOxt.jpg

Pinhole glasses

Open for next objects.

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Darek
OK, I have to ask, what do you use that kind of glasses for?

Some claims that they may improve the eyesight - not confirmed.
They limit the amount of light entering the pupil, which acc. to some increases the clarity of vision by elimination of "blurry circle". There are also some other very sophisticated claims.

For me it's just a gadget 🙂

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
Some claims that they may improve the eyesight - not confirmed.
They limit the amount of light entering the pupil, which acc. to some increases the clarity of vision by elimination of "blurry circle". There are also some other very sophisticated claims.

For me it's just a gadget 🙂
I had to do a search for Pinhole glasses and they actually turned up here in Sweden on a Ayurveda site, they claim that using them trains your eyes and help them functioning better!
So by seeing really bad your eyes get better! :biggrin:
Maybe I should get a pair to train my eyes!

Mack

Mu-43 All-Pro
Interesting.

My eye doc does the exam with the lenses out of those things while looking at the eye chart. Does help to sharpen things up a bit. Didn't know they make glasses out of them.

Mack

Mu-43 All-Pro
Same. I think my doc uses them to confirm lens prescription if I didn't have a cataract slightly smearing things?
I don't have cataracts (yet)), but do have another problem where the cornea has five layers and the fluid between them varies causing bad focus. Some lube drops can get into the layers and actually cause a focus shift for a day or so. He recommend some 5% salt water stuff called Muro 128 which is supposed to pull out some of the moisture and clear things up a bit. He said "Some days would be better than others given the moisture load in between the cornea layers" - and he was right.

Those goofy-hole glasses led him to that conclusion and that slit lamp. Comes with age and maybe sundry things like grinding stuff without eye protection and tearing up the cornea layers. Ugh.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
I guess this is up for grabs.
If no one has posted anything by tomorrow evening I will put up a macro of a macro for you to guess at.
(Haven't taken the picture yet so please post something!) ;)

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
Since no one has posted anything I took a photo and now post it for your amusement!
What is this!
P1100189_DxO_Web.jpg

I will only be awake for one more hour and then be back again tomorrow evening CET.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
Is this one of those Inception-style photo manipulations? ;)
I don't really know what that means, this is a straight macro with the lens in the Exif.
Only manipulation was done in DxO with my usual settings and then converting to B&W.
It is also what I promised in my earlier post yesterday.

ex machina

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I don't really know what that means, this is a straight macro with the lens in the Exif.
Only manipulation was done in DxO with my usual settings and then converting to B&W.
It is also what I promised in my earlier post yesterday.
A really weak joke that only works if you've seen the movie or the coverage of its main special efx innovation, and probably not even then. I was guessing it's a macro photo of a macro lens, but couldn't square the geometry of the indicator with what looks like a rubber lens grip. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom