Identify the Mystery Object.

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Darek
I think we should try to avoid it, if possible - as a "safety valve", so we would not end up, for example, with series of images of applied physics lab equipment :wink:

But, if no new entries will appear until tomorrow noon CET, I will post something to keep the thread alive.

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Darek
As said:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

fishtug

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Monty
Is it just me or is this 'contest' just getting plain silly - Posting an extreme close up of
anything would make it near impossible to I.D. - I don't know what the answer is but
it seems to me the fun was aimed at naming '...the mystery object' not some miniscule part of a
larger often obscure item -

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Darek
Is it just me or is this 'contest' just getting plain silly - Posting an extreme close up of
anything would make it near impossible to I.D. - I don't know what the answer is but
it seems to me the fun was aimed at naming '...the mystery object' not some miniscule part of a
larger often obscure item -
I can only agree - macro should be banned from this thread. (Maybe cause I don't have one 😎 ).

However, the one before (the green one) was practically shown completely, but did not ring the bell anyway.

After disclosure of the last one approx. 3 1/2 days passed, and no new entries were posted. But if would like to post your image, I'll be happy to withdraw this one right now.

Until then:
This also is not shot with macro lens. A little bit wider, and the mystery is gone. (Generally I try to keep the mystery no longer than 2-3 days - so even if there would be no questions or proposals, I will gradually post clues or wider images, as usually).

It’s a turned object, likely of beech
Yes. It's probably a beech, and it's turned.
It's made of two parts, and you can see both of them.

Assuming this is a tool. Clamp?
It may be called a tool - you use it on specific items. But not a clamp.
Edit: Not a clamp, but works on the same principia.

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Darek
Yep 🙂
Not that difficult, isn't it?

Board is yours.

Hendrik

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Hendrik
OK, here we go.
This is the whole object (photographed with the O75, which has a minimum focus distance of nearly 1m –– so, not macro). If you own its like, you will know what it is. If not, It may be a head scratcher.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom