Identify the Mystery Object.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
Holding things together, the dimensions and the star pattern suggest a Torx screw. But there is only the merest hint of threading to be seen amidst the other distractors.
New day, new ideas.
Philipps (Posidriv?) head screw.

Edit: Blurry background reminds me a bottom of screw head, like the ones used for comp chassis.
Yes, correct, a screw with a Philips head probably M5 or M4, obviously broken and I focused on the broken part.
I will give the win to @Hendrik since screw was what I was looking for, you can't determine from the picture if it is Hex, Torx or Philips.

I found this on the floor of my office at home, it is probably coming from the old office chair I use, but I can't find the empty hole.
About the Star pattern I think it is fair to call the pattern on a Philips screw head a four-pointed star.

Hendrik

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Hendrik
OK, hold on, here we go.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hendrik

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Hendrik
Forceps, yes. You're on @Zapp DJR

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Darek
Back.
Firstly, I have to admit that the "forceps" are just a guess (next one). From what we see on the image, it could be anything from a scissors, through cigar cutter, eyelash aplicator, forceps, or even a piercing clamp (or whatever they call it), plus probably a lot more funny things I can't think of at this moment. All of these items may have such "handle" as we can see on the image, and are "scissor-type-operation". So, it's rather guessing which one is the correct answer.

Now, a new one:
MO3.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom