Ideas for a bag or something to hold EPL-5 with a lens and possibly an extra...

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by woody112704, Jan 4, 2014.

1. woody112704

woody112704 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2012
    Iowa
    Jared
    ... I'm going to start doing 5k runs every other day or so in the mornings and other days biking and would like to have my camera with me. Anyone know any good bag or something that would keep tight to my body and not bounce around and that isn't big. Just need it big enough for the camera and 2 lenses.

2. stargate

stargate Mu-43 Regular

Aug 14, 2013
    Greece
    If it has to be bounce proof, then I can not think anything but a fanny pack style bag exists.

3. angusr

angusr Mu-43 Regular

Sep 21, 2011
    There are loads of small mountain biking packs with compression straps. Camelbak, deuter, inov8, salomon etc etc.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mu-43 mobile app

4. woody112704

woody112704 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2012
    Iowa
    Jared
    Thanks! I'll have to look into those.

5. icolquhoun

icolquhoun Mu-43 Regular

Dec 18, 2013
    Long Valley, NJ
    Mountainsmith zoom small is my go-to bag for packing light with ep3 and one large or two small lenses, a ultrapod, extra battery and sd card, some business cards, and a filter or two...has a waterproof cover and is 20bux for last years model
    Use this setup everyday for hiking, backpacking as a chest pouch, long trailruns, and very long bikerides, both on and off road.
    I cant say enough good things about it.
    It stays put with the light waistbelt running and cycling, and is just so well thought out.

• Like Like x 2
  6. gochugogi

gochugogi Mu-43 Veteran

Bike messenger bags--Timbuk2 and Crumpler--have both a shoulder strap and cross strap to anchor the bag. I use a small Timbuk2 Classic messenger with XS Snoop photo insert and with both straps engaged it's steady enough for biking, hikes and running like a madman for the train. Not sure about a serious long run as my sprint never lasts more than a few minutes.

• Like Like x 1