I'd Like to see a price drop on 12-100 f4

Saledolce

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I'd _love_ to see a price drop on 12-100 f4.

But the one I'm tracking on amazon.it is the steadiest item ever. Any different evidence from other markets?

Reflector

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I was hoping to see something happening, after all m43 dies twice a week on youtube. I'll try monitoring the used price too...
All you can do is hope to score one used at a good price or catch a Olympus Europe refurb sale - I got one in less than externally nice condition used with fine optics but I don't think I'm going to part with mine.

Surprising how those Micro Four Thirds death predictions never does anything to drive the lens prices and used demand down... You'd thing everyone would be jumping off an already dead system and dumping the lenses and cameras as the dead, irrelevant worthless system that it is according to big name influences, right?

Last edited:

Gnesan

New to Mu-43
Hi new to the forum , this lens is going around 1050 to 1080 usd (converted from SGD) , quite a tempting option.

Real Name
Ray
The price for this lens went up by about 25% in the UK on the 1st March. It was £929 and is now £1199. Many other lenses went up by a similar amount at the same time. Interestingly, bodies and body/lens kits remain unchanged.

Go figure?

Tomtit

New to Mu-43
I've been lusting after this lens for a long time and recently saw one on Gumtree second hand for A$1200 and thought about it.Then had a look on eBay and Digidirect were selling for A$1409 new with A$100 off with coupon so took the plunge and bought one for A1309 + postage. I sold my 12-40 for A$500 so all in all I only had to shell out a little over A$800 for the 12-100.

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
Used examples of this lens are selling for $1099 CDN + tax in camera stores, so I expect about the same from private sales (no sales tax added, so a little cheaper). I'll grab one some day.

Angus Gibbins

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Angus
Definitely one of the best lenses of M43. It deserves to hold its value! I am able to get 1-3s SS handheld with ease on the GM5 with it.
My 12-40mm f2.8 has sat in my bag unused since picking up the 12-100mm. Often now when I leave home instead of taking a bag with 2 or 3 lenses, I take my E-M1 II (E-M1X as of Friday) and my 12-100mm.

Growltiger

Mu-43 All-Pro
The price for this lens went up by about 25% in the UK on the 1st March. It was £929 and is now £1199. Many other lenses went up by a similar amount at the same time. Interestingly, bodies and body/lens kits remain unchanged.

Go figure?
I think the pound has fallen about 15% since the original price was set. An increase was inevitable once existing stocks were sold.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom