1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Icon in a Kilt! Few Deb ball pics.

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by Iconindustries, May 31, 2011.

1. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I never liked dancing. Not me.

Until a girl asked if i would like to be her partner at a deb ball. How could I refuse. Then she said that it was a scottish one and i had to wear a kilt. Aww.
    I did alot of umming and arring, and thought 'yeah' why not.

There were a few practice nights and all the other debs and their partners were a good bunch and we got on really good. I started to enjoy this thing. The waltz was a bit hard a first but i picked it up and then we learnt a couple of folk dances and by the end of each practice night i was cactus. (worn out for those that don't know aussie slang)

The night of the ball came around and it took me so long to get ready. Special socks, special way to tie up my shoes ect. Man, I feel for the poor scottish blokes who havta dress like this every day. Do they still dress like this?

I love the kilt though. Good stuff, I might have to rearrange my wardrobe. lol.

Here's a few pictures from the night.
    Because the room was dark I had to use my D90 and my bounce flash. I've had special permission from the mods to show these pictures. ( that's what you get when you're special) haha.

For your entertainment and laughs at my expense. Have fun!

Mu-43's very own icon.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/5780882956/" title="DSC_0002 by iconindustries, on Flickr">"691" height="1024" alt="DSC_0002"></a>

Me and Julie. The hat kinda gives me some height. I can't help that i've been raised on condensed milk and shortbread...
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/5780881004/" title="DSC_0230 by iconindustries, on Flickr">"1024" height="691" alt="DSC_0230"></a>

Few of the girls.
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/5780333203/" title="DSC_0138 - Version 2 by iconindustries, on Flickr">"1024" height="633" alt="DSC_0138 - Version 2"></a>

Another one of Julie
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/5780335205/" title="DSC_0241 - Version 4 by iconindustries, on Flickr">"1024" height="694" alt="DSC_0241 - Version 4"></a>

Grace, another deb twirling around.
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/5780335875/" title="DSC_0249 by iconindustries, on Flickr">"1024" height="691" alt="DSC_0249"></a>

• Like Like x 16
  2. Hey Brady. Nice pins!

• Like Like x 1
  3. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    Excellent, Brady !!

Just one question, now that you are an "insider" : what did you wear under your kilt :biggrin::biggrin:

C U,
    Rafael

• Like Like x 2
  4. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    The proper answer is "shoes". :tongue:

You look good in the kilt.

I have my own family kilt I wear on special occasions (translation: any time I can).

• Like Like x 2
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Brady, you really do look quite handsome in your kilt and full regalia but your debutante date is simply gorgeous! See what being a good sport and ready for anything has done for you?

I've always been a fan of your stories and photos and this time around, too.:2thumbs:

No doubt a good time was had by all on this memorable occasion.

6. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    ^5 Brady

G

(Don't get rid of the kilt ... if you ever make it to Hollywood that kilt will be perfect ...)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
    It's Brigadoon!

Down under-pants would be advisable protection against "cactus".

• Like Like x 1
  8. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

Just like young Sean Connery!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hi Brady,

Okay you put on the skirt..... er uh.. kilt, you learned to dance. Your friend is adorable! After all the effort.... are you planning to keep her or the kilt?

Or did she just want to be seen with the young Sean Connery ....

Really nice Brady! Thanks for sharing.

Alan

• Like Like x 1
  10. Narnian

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    * puts Alan on the "naughty" list for calling a kilt a skirt ...

• Like Like x 1
  11. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    My thoughts ... precisely!

• Like Like x 1
  12. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    Awesome. thanks for sharing. Everyone looks great, and young men in kilts are always HAWT!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    You know Brady.. Somewhere here on the board, recently, we have a member with an Olympus mounted on a remote control driving platform...

I wonder if it's your kilt he's looking for?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Iconindustries

Thanks everyone. I knew you'd enjoy it and reading all your comments made me laugh. Just about everyone I've talked to has wanted to know what i wore under it.!!

I can come out clear and say that I didn't wear it traditionally, and that pretty much sums it up. lol

Sean Connery. How on earth did I remind you of him. Isn't he an actor?

15. Iconindustries

aww, thanks for the tip off Alan. I shall keep my eyes peeled.

16. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

It wasn't his acting which reminded me the picture of yours :wink:

[​IMG]
    source: stylelist blog

17. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Brady he wasn't just an actor ... he was "Bond, James Bond."

film41.

18. Narnian

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    If you like kilts here I am (blue kilt in middle with the gray sporran) in the midst of an ocean of them.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Well Brady, there's a sight, you scrub up very well. It looks as though you had every reason to have had an enjoyable evening, nice one, and thanks for sharing.

Barrie

20. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    She's tall.