IBIS

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by bigboysdad, Jan 4, 2014.

1. bigboysdad

bigboysdad Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 25, 2013
    Sydney/ London
    Rather than hijack another thread I'm currently on, I thought I'd pose the question in a separate one - can anyone point me to a source or have any real world examples demonstrating the difference between the 3 point and 5 point IBIS. I understand that there must be some kind of noticeable difference in the images but haven't been able to see any evidence of this on the web.

2. boostin

boostin Mu-43 Regular

Sep 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  3. bigboysdad

bigboysdad Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 25, 2013
    Sydney/ London
    That's fantastic, thank you.

4. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    You mean 3 and 5 direction IBIS? The difference is if you moved the 3 direction IBIS it can't handle but the 5 direction IBIS can, the 3 direction couldn't compensate for it while the 5 direction could!

It's like asking the difference in driving a rear wheel drive, front wheel drive, and four wheel drive car in dry conditions. If you're not told which type of car you're driving, you won't notice a difference, that is until conditions change which favors one drive type over the other.

5. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

6. 50orsohours

50orsohours Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Oct 13, 2013
    Portland Oregon
    I forgot that I had the EM-1 at iso 100 instead of auto iso, so I took this picture half as^%#ed. 1/2 second exposure

11769653344_4b72e97a27_b.
    P1040031.jpg by savingspaces33, on Flickr

7. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

That is one SCARY :eek:  minivan!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.