1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

I want OMD sensor in EP3 body :)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Bhupinder2002, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi guys .. I love my OMD and its a great camera, but after handling two EP3s in the last two weeks ,I wish if Olympus gives us an EP5 with tilt screen and EP3 like body. It seems more sturdy than OMD and fits better in hands. Does anyone else want it?
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

2. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    I can do without an EVF but I desperately need the 5-axis IBIS especially for macro shots. So I'd take it if they do 5-axis IBIS plus OMD sensor without EVF.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I haven't held the OM-D but I do love my E-P3. I would also be glad to have the new sensor and perhaps the 5 axis stabilization. Not sure if the hardware for the new stabilization will fit the E-P3 form factor, but it would be nice. I van live without the EVF, but a tilt screen could be useful. :biggrin:

4. David

David Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    Sydney
    I agreed the EP3 has got it right in the handling department for me.
    Also the buttons etc.

Overall, secondhand ones for $ 300 mark is a very good deal.
    If we can get the new sensor in the EP3 ... then I am in for one as well.

5. Bhupinder2002

Hi
    Yes , same with me .I can live without EVF.I have shot around 4000 pics till now and havent used VF at all. I do agree that EP3 feels just appropriate in hand .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

6. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    I want a Fuji X-Pro sensor in an LX-7 body. Sometimes we don't get what we want. Or sometimes we just have to wait a while... :cool:

-Ray

• Like Like x 2
  7. jff1625

jff1625 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2012
    London
    I want an RX100 sensor in an RX100 sized body... but I don't want to pay for it!

8. Bhupinder2002

I agree with that. But having said that its obvious that next EPX series will get OMD sensor and possible 5 axis IBIS as well.
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

9. mcumeda

mcumeda Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    I think it would make sense for Olympus to have the next E-P# to have the EM5 sensor and IBIS and no EVF. It would allow them to charge a premium over the EM2 and EPL5. Alternatively, the next E-P# could have the same sensor and image stabilization as the EPL5 but with a EVF. However, I think the former would make more sense, if the body allows it.

10. jamespetts

jamespetts Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2011
    London, England
    I do love the style and handling of my E-P3 (as well as the built-in flash, absent both on the E-M5 and the E-PL5), and think that something similar with the same sensor as the E-PL5/E-M5 would be a lovely camera.

(As to the suggestion of having the 5-axis stabilisation without the viewfinder: the 5-axis stabilisation in the E-M5 is located in the faux-pentaprism hump on the body, which is closely integrated with the viewfinder - I am not sure how these would be separated. Also, a camera that had everything that the E-M5 had apart from the electronic viewfinder, weather sealing and 5-axis stabilisation would undermine sales of the E-M5 unless either it was nearly the same price or an E-M6 (or whatever) was in the pipeline; having said that, however, Olympus has done things like that before - anyone remember the E-PL2 and E-P2?)

11. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    This string just goes to show - once again - how everyone is different. Myself, I'd love an E-P3 replacement with the sensor from the E-M5. But, unlike quite a few here, I would like a built-in EVF (and flash) and don't much care about the five-axis IBIS. Perhaps we'll all get what we want, now that Sony is involved. They're big on offering many similar cameras with small variations.

• Like Like x 1
  12. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    And possibly not....:smile:

13. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    I've posted this before, but the Olympus Rep told me last week to expect the E-M3 (an E-M5 with reduced features) to come out next year when the E-P3 goes out of production.

14. BSH

BSH Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2012
    WI
    Yes.

15. brianb032

brianb032 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 10, 2011
    N.Carolina
    Ditto. I currently use an OM-D, but after I sold my E-P3 I'm sorely missing the overall feel I got from the latter. The DR can be frustrating at times, so a new sensor would definitely do the trick. But if an E-P3 successor does release, there will probably be too much of a price-paradox between a loaded E-P3 versus an older fully-loaded OM-D to push me towards the edge of a release-date purchase.

16. LudwigVB

LudwigVB Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 14, 2012
    I also pine for an E-P3. Perhaps, when its replacement hits the streets, the E-P3 price will drop enough so I can afford one. Meanwhile, I have my E-P2.

17. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    I really like my E-p2, but wish for a better sensor. Don't know if the E-p3 is that much better.

18. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    If you've got an E-P2,
    IMHO, best bet it to skip the "3" generation...

19. ssgreenley

ssgreenley Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Indeed, I want an updated E-PL2, complete with a built-in flash and the Pen-retro styling. Sadly, Olympus seems to be going in a different direction with the PL series, so I may settle for an EP5 if one ever comes out...

20. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    I might come back to m43 for a camera like that. I have played with a friends E-M5 and as nice as it was I didn't feel any great desire to have one. I would definitely prefer that sensor with a flip screen in an E-P3 style body. I always found the E-PM1 and E-PL3 too small and I would be surprised if the E-PL5 and E-PM2 did much to change that opinion.