I tried the E-M5II today. Sweetest shutter sound ever.

Luke

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Luke
I love a sweet shutter sound.

Do you know if the Mitakon will work with an E-M1?

Luke

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Luke
Sounds like Amin is on the brink of a new camera. In the interest of full disclosure, I just ordered the Mitakon.

MoonMind

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Matt
Amin, Luke: Between you two, I really have a hard time fighting my ever-flaring GAS ... ;)

Actually, both the E-M5 II and the Mitakon 25mm f/0.95 check a lot of boxes for me, including those about shutter and size/aperture ratio, respectively ... Still resisting, though ...

Thankfully, I've just invested in an opportunity to actually take some pictures instead :D

M.

dpswbab

Mu-43 Veteran
That's really all I wanted to say. What a sweet shutter sound.

Felt nicer than my trusty E-M5 too...

And would work with that new Mitakon lens...

:rolleyes:
If you liked it in normal mode, try with electronic first curtain. Absolutely wonderful!

Ramsey

Mu-43 Top Veteran
i still don't understand what are the technical obstacles of the Mitakon lens not working on "older" models... the mount is the same, and it is a manual focus lens (so no AF issues possible).

EDIT: pdk42 by a matter of minutes...

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Why wouldn't the Mitakon work with ALL m43 cameras? Confused!
i still don't understand what are the technical obstacles of the Mitakon lens not working on "older" models... the mount is the same, and it is a manual focus lens (so no AF issues possible).

EDIT: pdk42 by a matter of minutes...

This is the explanation from the manufacturer in response to a question on their Facebook page:

zhongyi.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

gary0319

Mu-43 Top Veteran
If you liked it in normal mode, try with electronic first curtain. Absolutely wonderful!
A BIG +1 on that, that's where I leave mine set EFC and low burst.........super sexy!

BTW, my new E-M10 II also has a nice shutter sound, but not as nice as the E-M5 II.

tyrphoto

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ㅇtㅈyㅅr
Another vote for the great sounding shutter on the E-M5 II. I also use it with EFC and it does sound different between it on and off. I thought the E-M1 sounded pretty good until I replaced it with the E-M5 II, which sounds even better.

I'm also quite interested in the Mitakon 25mm since it's a smaller alternative to the Voigtlander 25mm.

jrsilva

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Jaime Silva
I agreed that the shutter sound of the EM-5 MK II is the best I've ever heard.
Very discreet. It is one of the great pluses of the EM-5 MK II.

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
This wins the photogeek of the month award. Only a true devotee could be seduced by the sound of a shutter.

T N Args

Agent Photocateur
Real Name
call me Arg
This wins the photogeek of the month award. Only a true devotee could be seduced by the sound of a shutter.
Jealousy award for you my friend. :biggrin: Trouble is, nobody wants to be seduced by the shutter sound, but combined with the knowledge of it solving shutter shock even on burst mode up to 5 fps, it just seems to be whispering to me, "quality photos, quality photos, quality photos coming up!"

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom