I think I've finally found my ideal camera setup

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by gsk3, Feb 15, 2015.

1. gsk3

gsk3 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 29, 2012
    With the recent replacement of my G5 with a GX1, I think I've finally found the ideal setup for me. From now on, I suspect the upgrades will just be to bump the tech up inside rather than to find a better format. At least until I have a need for one of the big monster cameras (GH series or E-M1)

- GF3
    - GX1
    - P14, usually with the Fuji 0.76x adapter (WL-FXE01)
    - P20
    - O45

I keep a tiny camcorder bag that fits the GX1 and two lenses, and another P&S bag that fits the GF3 with a pancake. When I'm going out shooting as a major activity, I bring the camcorder bag or both. When I'm bringing a camera along just in case, I bring the P&S bag.

Would like to upgrade the GF3 to a GM1 when I have the money, but fundamentally that's the same concept.

Things I've tried:
    - E-PM1 (prefer Panasonic handling, AF, and video, don't care about IBIS and other Olympus advantages)
    - E-P1 (never liked it even when it was state-of-the-art)
    - G5 (too big for me, didn't use the EVF much)
    - 9-18 (great, but too much $)
    - Bunch of adapted lenses (maybe if I ever get a camera that does zebras)

Anyway, just thought I'd share another step on my road to M43 happiness :).
    • Like Like x 2
  2. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I never believe anyone when they say they are "done", but glad you are happy for now! =)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. gsk3

gsk3 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 29, 2012
    Haha, yeah. I don't believe myself either. But my kit has been stable for well over a year now, with only this minor change (G5->GX1) making it feel pretty perfect for now. If disposable income ever inches up I may magically become less content!