I think I've finally found my ideal camera setup

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by gsk3, Feb 15, 2015.

1. gsk3

gsk3 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 29, 2012
    With the recent replacement of my G5 with a GX1, I think I've finally found the ideal setup for me. From now on, I suspect the upgrades will just be to bump the tech up inside rather than to find a better format. At least until I have a need for one of the big monster cameras (GH series or E-M1)

Bodies:
    - GF3
    - GX1
    Lenses:
    - P14, usually with the Fuji 0.76x adapter (WL-FXE01)
    - P20
    - O45

I keep a tiny camcorder bag that fits the GX1 and two lenses, and another P&S bag that fits the GF3 with a pancake. When I'm going out shooting as a major activity, I bring the camcorder bag or both. When I'm bringing a camera along just in case, I bring the P&S bag.

Would like to upgrade the GF3 to a GM1 when I have the money, but fundamentally that's the same concept.

Things I've tried:
    - E-PM1 (prefer Panasonic handling, AF, and video, don't care about IBIS and other Olympus advantages)
    - E-P1 (never liked it even when it was state-of-the-art)
    - G5 (too big for me, didn't use the EVF much)
    - 9-18 (great, but too much $)
    - Bunch of adapted lenses (maybe if I ever get a camera that does zebras)

Anyway, just thought I'd share another step on my road to M43 happiness :).

• Like Like x 2
  2. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Legend

I never believe anyone when they say they are "done", but glad you are happy for now! =)

• Like Like x 1
  3. gsk3

gsk3 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 29, 2012
    Haha, yeah. I don't believe myself either. But my kit has been stable for well over a year now, with only this minor change (G5->GX1) making it feel pretty perfect for now. If disposable income ever inches up I may magically become less content!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.