I still treasure my e-pl1

Real Name
Mel
I bought my first m4/3 camera, the E-PL1 on sale for some ridiculously low price. I did not expect much but I was very surprised at the images from this camera. The jpegs from the camera are 1st rate. The only thing that caused me to buy a Panasonic G-5 was the lack of an electronic viewfinder on the Olympus. I could not use the LCD in bright light to focus with MF lenses I had fitted via adapter to use my Nikon lenses. My eyes are too old for critical LCD focusing. My G-5 is way much better for focus with the MF lenses but it has other things I don't like as much as the Olympus--the jpegs take more work in post photo processing, the buffer of the G5 is often full and little things like the battery and card door needs to be manually locked with a sliding lock while the Oly snaps shut. I use them both and doubt if I will ever sell them. Have umpteen batteries for each. By the way, coming from Nikon D700 and D2X, the batteries of both the Oly and Panny are not very good. I still use Nikons for critical work but find myself going to the m4/3s more and more.

SVENS1

Mu-43 Regular
The E-PL1 is my main camera since buying beginning of this year. Works great for what I use it for. Mostly for close-ups

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

nardoleo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Leo
The EPL1 was my first "real" camera. It holds a special place in my heart. The camera, tilty pop up flash, lovely retro design and a 20mm lens open up a whole new world of photography for me.

Although I use the EM5 mostly this days, I still take out old "Emma" out when I go for casual photo walks.

Sent from my trusty Samsung Galaxy Note 2

rex87

Mu-43 Regular
I still love my EPL1 but its in the box now i just upgrade recently to EM5.
btw my EPL1 has 19k shutter counts and EM5 6k shutter count.

BAKatz

Mu-43 Veteran
I love my EPL-1. I even have the first gen lens. It was my first real camera with interchangeable lenses. I like the weight, or lack of, and since suffering a neck injury, I'm glad I didn't buy a brick of a camera.
I love that I can buy lenses like Holga ( and accessories), the 15mm Lens in a Cap, and not spend a ton of cash. I especially enjoy my Loreo stereo lens. Though I would like to upgrade to the EPL-5, I can keep learning with the 1. Next stop, the Holiday Train Show at the NY Botanical Gardens.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom