1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

'I Sooo Want The M. Zuiko 75mm ƒ1.8'

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by RT_Panther, May 10, 2012.

1. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Zero OM-D EM-5 interest for me but I'm stoked on the M. Zuiko 75!!!!!!!

I took this shot with the M. Zuiko 45 & I can only imagine what I could have done with the M. Zuiko 75mm :cool:

Baseball by RedTail_Panther, on Flickr

• Like Like x 3
  2. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    Me too :biggrin: I've seen what my mate can do when he uses a D700 and Sigma 150/f2.8 as a surfing/bodyboarding lens... Now I wanna play!

3. Qwerty

Qwerty Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2012
    Canada
    Me too, hope the price is nice though.

4. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    Add me to the list!

5. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    you would have gotten a closer shot? =P

Add me to the list. It's this or the 35-100, but given Oly's track record so far, I am leaning toward the 75 (it'll likely be cheaper, too).

6. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    I'm more interested in using this as a portrait lens than a short tele.

7. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    +1 On this too!
    Short tele for me helps in street shooting people - allows me to reach across the street :smile:

But I know that I'll make good use of this lens - I'm more of a reach shooter than a wide shooter so the 12mm doesn't interest me at all....

8. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    If all fails, a good manual focus option is the Voigtlander Heliar 75/2.5 screwmount version. Excellent IQ and smooth bokeh. The M mount, which is a 75/1.8, is more expensive. I haven't used that yet though.

9. shizlefonizle

shizlefonizle Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 21, 2012
    Since it wont be weathersealed I hope the construction is similar to the 45mm rather than the 12mm to keep the cost down

10. djkindred

djkindred New to Mu-43

May 9, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    I thought I read that they announced same construction as 12mm which I would personally rather pay a little more for. Manual focus when I want to use it is a dream on that lens as well, which will come in more handy on a 75 for me.

I am really looking forward to this lens. I miss my D700 with the 200/2 and though I am not expecting quite that much, I know Olympus will bring out something special!

11. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    I'm eagerly awaiting the journalist reactions to the tester copies a bunch of them received.