I sold my E-P2 and bought a Bessa R3A

noodlehaus

Mu-43 Veteran
... and an E-P1 :D

After using the P2 for months, the lens that really stuck with me is the 17mm. Have also stopped using he EVF so Ive decided to sell the kit. With the money I got, bought myself a new rangefinder and a silver sexy P1 :) Really happy for myself!

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Cool, I like your style... can we see them side by side?

Cheers

Brian

noodlehaus

Mu-43 Veteran
Will post pics soon as I can. Witing for a zhou leather case for the bessa and the jnk leather skin for the pen :)

Herman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Interesting news. I assume that the Bessa R3A ia an analog camera. What made you to sell P2 and go for a silver P1 and a R3A ?
(I'm looking forward to the new Pan ragefinder LX5, which is rumored)
I do look forward to pics too, thanks.

noodlehaus

Mu-43 Veteran
Lately I've really been wanting to get a new film camera after playing with the Yashica rangefinder I have for a while.

I've also realized that the only 2 lenses that I use with my E-P2 are the 17mm pancake lens and the voigtlander 40mm f1.4 that I have. The 17mm being my day time lens and the 40mm f1.4 my low light lens. When I use the 40mm, I hardly use the EVF anymore as I'm quite tired of putting it on and off the camera.

Brian S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I'm always happy to see someone pick up a camera with film in it. There is room in this world for both film and digital, I've been shooting both for a very long time.

Congratulations on the Bessa, also hope to see you posting on rangefinderforum.

vincechu

Mu-43 Regular
Selling the E-P2 in your case made perfect sense, I hope you enjoy the Bessa - they're awesome cameras :)

I was thinking of getting a Bessa R3A, I'd be interested to know how you're getting on with it?

silverbullet

Mu-43 Veteran
Congrats!

For me the Pen E-P2 is the color-machine and a ZI + 35mm Elmarit - the streetmachine.
But absolutely a killer is my Bessa R4A with the 21mm f4 Color-Skopar. The viewfinder framelines are perfect for 21mm inside the camera!
Both rangefinders are loaded with b/w film as APX100 or Neopan/Acros.

The 21mm suits my "seeing" very well and the lens is tack-sharp - sometimes not so easy to get a good one from Cosina.

Bernd

noodlehaus

Mu-43 Veteran
Somehow I'm having a hard time finishing a roll of film. With the film camera, I'm somewhat not as trigger happy than when I'm using digital.

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Yeah, Scott is a friendly, knowledgeable and good guy. I was at his store yesterday. He proudly displays his police citation bravery award on his wall.

Got to say, one of the best camera stores I've ever come across and genuinely honest in all of their dealings. What's the citation about?

Cheers

Ray

Latest threads

Top Bottom