1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

I sold my E-P2 and bought a Bessa R3A

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by noodlehaus, Jul 6, 2010.

1. noodlehaus

noodlehaus Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 14, 2010
    ... and an E-P1 :D

After using the P2 for months, the lens that really stuck with me is the 17mm. Have also stopped using he EVF so Ive decided to sell the kit. With the money I got, bought myself a new rangefinder and a silver sexy P1 :) Really happy for myself!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Cool, I like your style... can we see them side by side?

Cheers

Brian

3. noodlehaus

noodlehaus Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 14, 2010
    Will post pics soon as I can. Witing for a zhou leather case for the bessa and the jnk leather skin for the pen :)

4. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Interesting news. I assume that the Bessa R3A ia an analog camera. What made you to sell P2 and go for a silver P1 and a R3A ?
    (I'm looking forward to the new Pan ragefinder LX5, which is rumored)
    I do look forward to pics too, thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. noodlehaus

noodlehaus Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 14, 2010
    Lately I've really been wanting to get a new film camera after playing with the Yashica rangefinder I have for a while.

I've also realized that the only 2 lenses that I use with my E-P2 are the 17mm pancake lens and the voigtlander 40mm f1.4 that I have. The 17mm being my day time lens and the 40mm f1.4 my low light lens. When I use the 40mm, I hardly use the EVF anymore as I'm quite tired of putting it on and off the camera.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brian S

Brian S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    I'm always happy to see someone pick up a camera with film in it. There is room in this world for both film and digital, I've been shooting both for a very long time.

Congratulations on the Bessa, also hope to see you posting on rangefinderforum.

7. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Yes, congratulations noodle! I'm glad you're still keeping an eye in both worlds and look forward to seeing more from you both here and on Flickr.

8. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    There were wild rumours a while back that Voigtlander were pondering a digital Bessa. They certainly have enough of a range of film bodies: Voigtlander Bessa Camera Bodies.

Cheers

Ray

• Like Like x 1
  9. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
  10. DownUnderDog

DownUnderDog Mu-43 Regular

hey OzRay,
    is Voigtlander sold down under, and if so who is the agent?
    Cheers
    DUD

11. vincechu

vincechu Mu-43 Regular

Selling the E-P2 in your case made perfect sense, I hope you enjoy the Bessa - they're awesome cameras :)

I was thinking of getting a Bessa R3A, I'd be interested to know how you're getting on with it?

12. sebastel

sebastel Mu-43 Regular

Jan 18, 2010
    not your business
    good choice, even though i prefer the ZI ... but the 1x finder should be nice.

13. silverbullet

silverbullet Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 10, 2010
    Congrats!

For me the Pen E-P2 is the color-machine and a ZI + 35mm Elmarit - the streetmachine.
    But absolutely a killer is my Bessa R4A with the 21mm f4 Color-Skopar. The viewfinder framelines are perfect for 21mm inside the camera!
    Both rangefinders are loaded with b/w film as APX100 or Neopan/Acros.

The 21mm suits my "seeing" very well and the lens is tack-sharp - sometimes not so easy to get a good one from Cosina.

Bernd

14. noodlehaus

noodlehaus Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 14, 2010
    Somehow I'm having a hard time finishing a roll of film. With the film camera, I'm somewhat not as trigger happy than when I'm using digital.

15. JoeFriday

JoeFriday Mu-43 Regular

Jun 28, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Ironically, I sold a ZI to pay for my E-P2. :redface:

16. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    I've been pondering a Bessa R3M for a while now. It's still on my radar once I get some extra cash. That or an M3.

17. Richard W

Richard W Mu-43 Regular

Mar 21, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    The link that OzRay provided, Camera Bodies is the home page of Mainline Photographics, the Australian distributor for Voigtlander and B+W filters, amongst others. They are in Crows Nest, Sydney, NSW.

18. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    Yes, Mainline Photographics are the Bessa distributors for Australia: www.mainlinephoto.com.au. They're great to deal with and just ask fo Scott.

Cheers

Ray

19. Richard W

Richard W Mu-43 Regular

Mar 21, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    Yeah, Scott is a friendly, knowledgeable and good guy. I was at his store yesterday. He proudly displays his police citation bravery award on his wall.

20. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    Got to say, one of the best camera stores I've ever come across and genuinely honest in all of their dealings. What's the citation about?

Cheers

Ray