I shot THIS, with THIS...

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by SRHEdD, Nov 30, 2013.

1. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    Not scientific, hardly controlled (shooting through my laundry room window glass), but fun nonetheless. I'd posted a few weeks ago that I'd bought two of Oly's old converter lenses at a pawn shop for $10. $35 in step up/down rings, and here it is mounted on my E-M1.

SRH40133b.

First shot is Oly 40-150R maxed out to 150mm, second shot is same lens at 150mm WITH Oly B-300 converter attached. Sharpness really suffered, but this was handheld AND through a glass pane, so don't judge too harshly (me or the lens!).

SRH10039b.

SRH10051b.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    What's a crop of the first look like next to the second pic with the teleconverter.
    Which is better on this camera?

• Like Like x 1
  3. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    When I zoomed in on my monitor, I could easily crop the top to make the bottom magnification, and it appeared to stay sharper. I wouldn't take the converters anywhere to "make" a shot, that's for sure. I will try again at some point without a glass pane between me and the subject, and maybe with a tripod, but so far... not impressed.

BUT... I still love pawn shop hunting!

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Hunting for bargains is half the fun! One heck of a long setup - how much strain does it put on the camera mount?

5. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    Don't know that I'd hang it out there too long. It wouldn't be the mount, it would more likely be the plastic filter threads on the 40-150 that failed. I held the camera in right hand and cupped joint between lens and converter in left hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app