I Shoot Portraits (An On Going Post)

StudioHeraBell

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Behind The Camera. But home is in Montreal.
Shot with Lumix GH2 with a portable Lumix flash, edited in cellphone Samsung Galaxy SII.

From a recent client's shoot on location (in their living room).

Final image is a 20 meg file.

motherskiss.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

f6cvalkyrie

Mu-43 All-Pro
motherskiss.jpg

Very nice, Hera !
From a technical POV, how do you get a shot from the GH2 into your cellphone ?

C U
Rafael

steve1111

Mu-43 Regular
f6cvalkyrie said:
Very nice, Hera !
From a technical POV, how do you get a shot from the GH2 into your cellphone ?

C U
Rafael

I've had decent luck with using an EyeFi card in my G3 and downloading pics directly to my Samsung Galaxy SII. I just have to remember to leave my camera on for a bit after taking the picture for download to start.

Djarum

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jason
Shot with Lumix GH2 with a portable Lumix flash, edited in cellphone Samsung Galaxy SII.

From a recent client's shoot on location (in their living room).

Final image is a 20 meg file.

motherskiss.jpg

Only poblem I have with the border is that it cuts off the Mother's right eye. I think it would be just as tunning without the border.

Looking at the images at the link you posted, I can see why some are controversial. Personally, I find them excellent, as always.

StudioHeraBell

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Ok I will post an un-edited version as it came out of the GH2 with a Lumix flash pointed towards a white sealing.

You will see how it was composed, un-cut, without editing. Just re-sized and signature added in PS.

AsShot1.jpg

There was a huge skin tone discrepency between the mother and the baby. The baby had a resisah skin naturally. Most newbons do.

I, for the very first time edited the image in a cell phone after shooting it with a Lumix. Reverse technique.

It worked. As least for me. :smile:

Only poblem I have with the border is that it cuts off the Mother's right eye. I think it would be just as tunning without the border.

Looking at the images at the link you posted, I can see why some are controversial. Personally, I find them excellent, as always.

Hyubie

Unique like everyone else
Real Name
Herbert
Beautiful images as always Hera. As for that issue raised by your other image - for me it's a cultural thing. Go to our country and this is not even a tempest in a teacup. More like ... nada. :smile:

We kiss our kids a lot - really really a lot. And given that we are living in the US, we are aware of this heightened "sensitivity" to what you do to kids, so we let our kids know of this difference. They understand that really, very few things beat a kiss to express our love. :smile:

StudioHeraBell

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Actually when I go for a session at someone's home, I go there with open mind and eyes. I want to capture things between individuals that are real. Not carbon copy of other photographer's photos to emulate.

We never invent things as composition. But I have seen many photographers who fallow a very set formula when it comes to composition.

This being told, After placing his baby boy on my make shift studio at their home, he kissed him at the butt. I saw it, and I told him to do it again so that I capture it the way it would feel and look fine.

The first photographer who felt bad feelings about my shot, I discovered has a past with her own dad who abused her. She is a french lady from Quebec. I would have never expected her to react like that. She shoots very dark gothic images, even sometimes blood and gore. She is usually critisized by others. I thought she would be the last person to react like that.

But there was a true reason behind all that. It re-hashed old experiences.

A wound can heal, but it will leave scars. The image reminded her deep scared soul. We communicated in private and it ended there.

It is a cultural thing. In India men hold hands and walk. It has nothing to do with gay acts. It is about friendhip. Meanwhile you rarely culturally shake hands of a lady. You make a hand gesuture with a bow to greet.

I have soo many funny stories I lived throughout my travels. They are too long to tell. I have been around the world as a female business woman. Imagine that in Kuwait, Pakistan, China etc...

I feel richer today with such cultural erxperiences.

Beautiful images as always Hera. As for that issue raised by your other image - for me it's a cultural thing. Go to our country and this is not even a tempest in a teacup. More like ... nada. :smile:

We kiss our kids a lot - really really a lot. And given that we are living in the US, we are aware of this heightened "sensitivity" to what you do to kids, so we let our kids know of this difference. They understand that really, very few things beat a kiss to express our love. :smile:

StudioHeraBell

Mu-43 Top Veteran
If anyone wants to read about my Galaxy SII versus SIII review, and if you have a Galaxy SII now, please read the Blog:

My Photo Ramblings: Tomatoes, Gardening & Snapping Shots With Samsung Galaxy SII

Thank you mentioning how you did download. Interesting point.

I usually connect my SII to my computer. Then download the files to my PC. The charger of your SII is also a USB cable.

I have a 32 gig very fast tiny SDHD card which I added to my Galaxy SII. It is a Lexar.

I've had decent luck with using an EyeFi card in my G3 and downloading pics directly to my Samsung Galaxy SII. I just have to remember to leave my camera on for a bit after taking the picture for download to start.

StudioHeraBell

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I have created an interesting portrait last Monday. It is all about mastering your one studio light. Shot with GH2 and 14-145mm Lumix lens.

However I can't post it here. It depicts a male body. WARNING, you see skin...

For anyone who wants to see to their own risk please visit the link below. I would love to hear your reaction. It does not need to be positive. It is great to hear your opinions.

My Photo Ramblings: My Homage To Caravaggio

StudioHeraBell

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Shot the same day, the same dancer in my studio. This one is safe to share here. Single studio light, with GH2 and 14-145mm luix lens. Edited in PS.

To read the Blog post:

My Photo Ramblings: The Dancing Swan Poetry In Motion

TheDancingSwan.jpg

Mu-43 Legend
I have created an interesting portrait last Monday. It is all about mastering your one studio light. Shot with GH2 and 14-145mm Lumix lens.

For anyone who wants to see to their own risk please visit the link below. I would love to hear your reaction. It does not need to be positive. It is great to hear your opinions.

I think the shot is highly creative, evocative as mentioned, and as always well executed. It reflects, IMO, our current (western) cultural fascination with androgyny, which I do not understand (that is, I don't understand why it's currently in fashion or fascinating). I don't think these are really topics for mu-43, but that is my reaction because you asked for it. It needs a cafe (or a bottle of wine) and a long conversation. Your work always seems to get me thinking :)

Cheers.

Plimsol

Mu-43 Regular
Hello Hera,

Can you tell me what kind off studio-light you use, i mean soft-box, umbrella or something else.

Thanks,
and like your style,

Grtz,

Jean

Latest threads

Top Bottom