1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

I shall try to get my wife on here...

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Brianetta, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Brianetta

Brianetta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    North East England
    Brian Ronald
    My wife's compact camera died, so we went out and bought her a GF-3. Helen loves her new camera, and has put my favourite lens (my 20mm pancake) into her camera bag. *sigh*

So, it occurs to me that what she really needs now is you lot. I shall talk to her after work this evening, see if I can't get her to register. (-:

2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    She will be very welcome here!

3. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Why not Brian? She will is most welcome and there is nothing to hide from wives here my friend
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

4. slith

slith Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2012
    Dublin, Ireland
    Alfonso
    Some of us are actively trying to hide the cost of the gear to our significant others :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bhupinder2002

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    My wife told me I should buy her Diamonds earrings instead of buying expensive lenses for my camera. I said diamond earrings won't take pictures for me and she replied " I cant wear lenses in my ears either ..lol"
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

6. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Hmmmmmm, it's obvious your wife is not Russian...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bhupinder2002

??:confused::confused: Now please pardon my ignorance and explain this Russian connection ..lol
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

8. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Ok, My wife is Tanya. She's from Tula. In all honesty she couldnt care less what I'm doing.
    There is no sport in that for me. It's a drag to just be able to go and get something without sneaking it in the house. Then ya have to hide the box, receipts ect. Then the blending game.
    Ya put the new gear next to the old gear and keep it in the open so you feel like your not hiding anything. She can see it...maybe, maybe not.
    So all this is good for a mans mind and stamina.

It's great for a marriage as it keeps things interesting.
    This works for all woman of all kinds from all over the world.....except my Russian wife.

BTW, I know a few woman that do the same thing with their hubby, imagine that....

• Like Like x 2
  9. Bhupinder2002

Hahaah
    Anyway mine is Okay and we don't hide anything at all . Everything is transparent and she doesn't stop me from buying cameras or lenses . Infact she bought me Canon 60D on my birthday and didn't even realise I had almost similar camera at that time which was Canon 550D. Infact I don't believe in gathering too many lenses and cameras just to avoid being distracted by too much gear. I like to have only two camera bodies and 5 maximum lenes. I am planning to buy wide angle lens now and then kit lens has to go . That keeps my life simple.Now OMD is coming so Sony a580 has to go .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder
    Cheers

10. Brianetta

Brianetta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    North East England
    Brian Ronald
    I can buy all the lenses I want... since my wife now has a compatible camera body.

11. Helen Ronald

Helen Ronald New to Mu-43

May 12, 2012
    Hi

Hi

Finally got around to joining :smile:

Thanks, Brianetta for letting me know about the forum.

I have a Lumix GF3 with a 14-42 kit lens and I love my new camera.

Already entered into a competition with Curry (Newcastle) - so proud to see a photo of mine on display.

I am hoping to have enough cash next month to purchase a Lumix 14mm pancake lens, which I have played with in Currys today. It's strange that Currys only sell this lens at part of a kit, guess an online shop will be the best option.

Well, just wanted to say hi - hope to share some cool stuff with you soon.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Welcome aboard, Helen! Feel free to ask questions, offer your opinion or post photos at any time. Maybe check out our marketplace for a lightly used 14mm if you can't find a new one outside of a kit soon.

13. Brianetta

Brianetta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    North East England
    Brian Ronald
    I think Helen's showing the first symptoms of GAS since signing up here.

• Like Like x 1
  14. EP1-GF1

EP1-GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    A husband talking about his wife's gas... whatever next?! :rofl:

Welcome Helen!

15. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Welcome Helen!

16. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Shooter fell for one of those pop up Russian chick adds......

17. Brianetta

Brianetta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    North East England
    Brian Ronald
    Well, Helen did manage to save enough. Here she is, looking utterly chuffed with her new glass.
    iWrmml.
    I was using my 20mm, so we're both all pancaked up now.

18. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    You'll never go hungry as long as you have enough pancakes. :smile: Welcome Helen!