I returned my used Gx8...

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by D7k1, Feb 16, 2016.

1. D7k1

D7k1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2013
    The body cap had come off in shipping and the sensor had stuff that the in camera cleaning could not fix. But big shout out to B&H for a seamless return system. I got a store credit as there were no used Gx8s in stock (mine was a "9" rating), then I noticed 4% cash back and $100 B&H card on the new Gx8s. Well, I was going to have to order a new 128gb card and a bag to hold a Gx8/12-35 & Gx8 PL100-400 - so I had stuff I "needed" and thus for me that brought the camera down to only $50 more than what I paid for the used one. So, ordered a new one and as soon as I get it will order the SD card and when I get the cashback will use the rest of the card and the CB to get the bag.

I've been a 2 camera shooter since 1970 - one wide/one telephoto and it hasn't been since my Nikkormat days that I've felt this good about the bodies. The new camera will be here Friday and I will use the 75-300 until the PL100-400 is shipped. I will always be nostalgic about Nikon, but no remorse - the Gx8 is my "good enough, maybe forever camera" and after 40 years having two of the same body will be a dream.

• Like Like x 2
  2. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    I've started shipping equipment in zip lock bags to keep dust from the packing materials out.

I'd think dealers would have figured that out.

Barry

3. JonVdG

JonVdG Mu-43 Regular

Feb 2, 2016
    Colorado, USA
    Jon
    It's a great camera at a great price right now. I sold a Sony A77 to get mine and haven't regretted it for a moment. Enjoy.

4. D7k1

D7k1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2013
    Camera was in bag , then wrapped but body cap out side of bag. Weird .

5. D7k1

D7k1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2013
    Got my second Gx8 (new this time) today in great shape from B&H. Will get my settings configured tomorrow and can hardly wait to test it out. Did some test flash images with the Sigma 30mm and they were beautiful. I use Black Rapid straps making it very easy to bring either Gx8 up to eye level. A family member is having some medical stuff and probably won't get to really image until early next week. For me, the Gx8 is for now the perfect camera (all cameras have some issues, but this best fits my shooting needs/style currently).

• Like Like x 3