I really need to stop lurking on here...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Keeper99, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Keeper99

Keeper99 New to Mu-43

Nov 17, 2013
    After all, I have just bought an EM-1in large part based on the insight that some of you have unknowingly provided me with. This insight, though, has been invaluable help as I've added this little beauty alongside my DSLR armoury. And beauty it is too. I was lucky enough to test it on a business trip to Boston last week and it was great fun.

Thanks all :smile:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Show us the pics!!
  3. Keeper99

Keeper99 New to Mu-43

Nov 17, 2013
    I could ask you to pop round, you're not far :smile:

I have had a very busy time and hit the problem that I couldn't open Olympus RAW files. Downloaded their their own software but it's is so slow on my laptop, can't believe it. I will post my menial offerings when I can get organised. Promise.
  4. tornado

tornado Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Yes, I had the issue for a few days after getting the EM1...I just set the cam to save both RAW & JPG so at least I can review the pics efficiently.
    I now have the LR release candidate that has the EM1 raw converter. It looks like I will be migrating from Corel's AftershotPro image library/RAW converter, as it doesn't look like there will be usable solution from them anytime soon.

Hoping for a Black Friday sale someplace to snag a full LR install for cheap....
  5. bcaslis

bcaslis Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2011
    Wilsonville, OR, USA
    Brian Caslis
    Congratulations on your addition. Post pictures if you can.
  6. tornado

tornado Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Here are some from first few days use, both with a legacy OM 50mm F1.4 manual lens:

I'm still trying to work out if the Focus Peaking mode is going to be the norm for my MF work...I've had great results just going off the EVF, using the zoomed view only when really needed.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  7. monchan

monchan Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 7, 2012
    Tottori City, Japan
    I have to stop lurking here too. Makes me want to buy more gear and get into some serious trouble with the wife. ha ha ha.
    The leaves look great.
  8. Keeper99

Keeper99 New to Mu-43

Nov 17, 2013
    Tornado - good info and tremendous shots...