1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

I owe an apology to this forum..:)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Bhupinder2002, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

My dear forum members ..especially female members..
    I would like to apologise for that Oly 45 mm 1.8 thread that left some bad taste in few members's mouths. There is no need for explainations and I simply owe an apology . We are like big family and if something which I did has hurt some members of the family then I dont have any problem in saying I am sorry. I will be more considerate and careful with such senstive issues .This forum is different from other forums in many ways and this is one of them .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

P3145297.

• Like Like x 19
  2. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    I didn't think it was a big deal.... nor offensive in anyway to me atleast...

• Like Like x 1
  3. dogs100

dogs100 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 12, 2011
    N Devon UK
    Geoff
    I don't know what you did but I am sure it wasn't intentional ... and it was a handsome apology. Geoff

• Like Like x 1
  4. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    I didn't take offence to your post about how the Oly 45 shows hairs, at least that's what I think your apology is about. Still I think it's wise of you to apologize in such a generous way. Thank you. :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I appreciate the apology - I could see where some folks were bothered by the second image. I know that wasn't your intent but I've learned over the years that perception often obscures intent. It comes down to what someone THOUGHT you were doing. We can't let that stop us from posting, but it does mean looking carefully to see if something might be interpreted in a less than positive way. Thanks for stepping up - that's what makes this a great forum. :thumbup:

• Like Like x 5
  6. lubov

lubov Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 4, 2011
    As some unknown sage once wrote " An apology is a good way of having the last word"

..never the less it is appreciated.:smile:

7. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    Life is good.

Passionate behavior in life can bring us both joy and sorrow...We can and do influence those with whom we interact, sometimes in ways that we were expecting, and sometimes in ways which surprise us. Be prepared to apologize. There will be times throughout your day when it will be warranted.

I have at times offended others unintentionally and yet I still need to apologize. I feel that a healthy life is built on the foundation of healthy relationships.

I hope that forum members will help me recover from some of the foolish behaviors I am certain I will engage in from time to time and accept my apologies.

You are a kind and compassionate person. The forum is better off for having you as a member. I look forward to more posts and pictures from you in the future.
    Dan

• Like Like x 1
  8. CUB

CUB Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 19, 2012
    There was no need to apologise. Anyone who found what you posted in any way offensive is guilty of being grossly oversensitive.

Having said that, your apology was both elegant and gracious.

9. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    As the father of a daughter in a country where many young women are hypersensitive about their looks and prone to eating disorders, excessive plastic surgery, etc, count me among the "grossly oversensitive".

But I certainly accept the apology as there was no malice aforethought.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Hi Bhupinder
    For what it's worth I could see why some would be a little sensitive about it but it was clearly one of those moments where no offence was actually meant to anyone
    You have put matters right in the best way possible way
    Regards
    Rob

11. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    Apologize for what???

Like they say in GB- "Keep Calm & and Carry On!" -OR-

Like they say in the Bronx- "Ain't no thing but a Chicken Wing!"

And like they say in Harlem- "Apologize? That's crazier than two left shoes!"

• Like Like x 1
  12. Briar

Briar Mu-43 Regular

Jun 13, 2010
    Bonnie Scotland
    Personally I didn't find the pictures offensive, it was your comments that made me think you were being a bit of a git taking cheap shots at an innocent girl to get a laugh on this forum. I don't know if that was your intention but that's how it came across to me. Not nice.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Roger

Roger Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2011
    Western PA
    Thanks for the apology. I was not offended, but apparently some were. You did right to eat humble pie and set things right. Takes a man to do that. My opinion of you has been raised to a higher level.

14. heedpantsnow

heedpantsnow Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 24, 2011
    I don't know what happened, but I think it's very honorable to apologize. Good job.

15. blue

blue Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2010
    UK
    This apology would have had more credibility if the comments had been closed on it.

Interesting though, to see who sides with the creeps and who with the creeped-upon.

16. stingx

stingx Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Weird, NJ
    Hugh Douche
    Nice apology but unnecessary. If a picture offends you, don't look. If you are listening to something on the radio you don't like, change the station. The same for TV. So tired of th

• Like Like x 1
  17. stingx

stingx Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Weird, NJ
    Hugh Douche
    Typing in transit. Hit a bump and set prematurely.

Anyway, censor yourselves. The weakening of society over the past 15-20 years is tiring to say the least.

Oh, and for the record, I thought the picture sucked but I would never think if asking you to remove it or call it offensive. I just moved on to the next thread. Some people here should try that.

• Like Like x 1