I need adapters for theses lenses

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Manu-4Vendetta, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Manu-4Vendetta

Manu-4Vendetta Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Dominican Republic
    The first is a Nikkor-Q 135mm 2.8, I dont know if the adapter es a generic Nikkor or some variant by the Q (Nikkor-Q).

Rokina 37-105mm 3.5 Macro. I dont find photos of this lens, but I get a very similar to this Soligor, and rear I dare say it is the same.

And Kalimar MC 80-200 4.5 Macro, but rear says MD.

Thanks! :thumbup:
  2. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    For the last one, MD stands for Minolta MD.
  3. dwig

dwig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 26, 2010
    Key West FL
    The first lens is a 135mm f/2.8 Nikkor-Q (Q=5 elements). It is in the standard Nikon F mount and has been custom machined to provide the newer Ai meter coupling. It was not Ai when manufactured and it is not a "factory" conversion. It seems well done, though. All of the Nikon lenses for their 35mm SLRs and their DSLRs use the same mounting flange. They differ only in meter coupling and AF coupling. In general, these differences don't impact the choice of adapter with one exception. The exception is that some lenses, generally those called "G series" lenses, lack and f/stop ring and need an Open/Close (sometimes labeled Open/Lock) ring on the adapter to gain control of the aperture. Lenses with their own f/stop ring don't need the O/C ring on the adapter, but it usually doesn't get in the way when present. The illustrated adapter has this ring though the lens mounted doesn't need it.

The Rokina 37-105 is a third party lens that was available in a variety of mounts. The closeup shot shows this sample to be in Minolta MC mount. As far as m43 adapters are concerned, Minolta MC and MD are the same thing. Actually, the mount is technically the "SR" mount. The MC (Meter Coupling) and MD (Meter coupling Dual mode) refer to the meter coupling and not the mounting flange, but everyone refers the the mount by the meter coupling class.

This page can be helpful in these situations: http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-99.html
  4. sinclair

sinclair Mu-43 Veteran

Thank you so much. For the life of me I've been trying to figure out why my Vivitar FD mount lens said MC and a FL mount 2x converter both said MC on them. Googling only brought up Minolta mounting and I couldn't wrap my head around the two mounts being compatible. Now I know.
  5. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana