I must be hearing things...

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by johnny9fingers, Jul 2, 2011.

1. johnny9fingers

johnny9fingers Mu-43 Veteran

A few weeks back I had my GH1 for sale but pulled it as I heard a rattling sound in the camera. Just got it back from service and they said the camera was fine. Sure enough the camera works great and there is no unnatural sounds. Maybe it was my tiny walnut sized brain I heard :biggrin:
    Either way, it's good to know the camera is ok, and service was quick and painless.... Has anyone else heard mysterious sounds in a camera that seem to go away by themselves?
  2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I've only had that happen with one camera. I called in a Catholic priest, and he exorcised the camera. I've never heard those those chains rattling inside it again.

Guess you just gotta be careful what you take a picture of. I thought she was just a lost child that happened to be translucent.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons

Nice Ned:bravo-009:
  4. johnny9fingers

johnny9fingers Mu-43 Veteran

I knew the camera sensor captured images, not spirits! Maybe I need to use the dust reduction function in a church to remove spirits :wink:
  5. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Back in my youth my cameras used to sing in my hands ... now they just grunt.

6. Stephen Geis

Stephen Geis Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    Now why would you like to remove spirits? I find drinking them effective for making the noises go away ...

7. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

That's normal - no need for concern

When the camera is not powered on, it is normal to hear what sounds like something loose inside. What you are hearing is the OIS lens element. When power is applied the lens element is suspended in place by two magnetic coils, and the rattle disappears.

This topic has been discussed for several years and is normal for all Panasonic cameras that have OIS.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    I hear some really scary sounds out of my shoulder sometimes when I'm in the gym :eek:
  9. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    From time to time, I can hear my finger crack when I push the shutter-button

C U,