I love these four shots :)

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Bhupinder2002, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Guys ..Just wanted to share these 4 different shots .Comments are welcome .

2. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Wow, love them all and they all tell different stories to me:

1. Looks like UK where I live where there are many old farmers with sticks who use them a lot when talking to emphasize a point, and they use shopping trollies as well.
    2. Great play on what I perceive as religious contrasts, the couple in the front openly kissing and the 4 ladies in the back with headscarves that imply they could be of a religion that forbids public displays such as the couple.
    3. The dog with the head guard looking toward the child with her head down (is the child sad because of the dog being injured?), the white dog under the sign new arrivals and the man watching the woman moving at speed.
    4.2 forward one back on the bench, and the patterns - lady with diagonals, man in plain suit with horizontal band on hat and lady stood with horizontal lines on jacket, great mix of complimentary shapes in close proximity.

I love them all and can see why you are so pleased - they all show what good observation, timing and camera skills can deliver!

Thanks for sharing
  3. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Great shots. All have great character an juxtaposition of elements. That guy with the cane in the first one looks really old.
  4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    I'm not so sure about the third shot, but I see why you like the others. :thumbup:
  5. Pecos

Pecos Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 20, 2013
    The Natural State
    Love the first one. Like the second a lot - would it improve it any to have the couple a bit off center? The third one doesn't do anything for me. Number four so-so; background is a little distracting but I like the folks on the bench.
  6. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Thanks mate ..My fav is little girl with dog.
  7. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    Nice, shots, but, honestly, do you think the 3d shot received the processing it deserves ????

C U