1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

I launched my photography website, would love comments =D

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by jambaj0e, Jan 27, 2012.

1. jambaj0e

jambaj0e Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2010
    Hey everyone!
    I'm so proud to finally launched my own photography website. It's something that as an aspiring professional photographer I know will reflect my work well to both the general public and to my clients. I would really love it if you guys can take a look and let me know what you think, as fellow photographers.

Every photos on the website has been taken with either my old Olympus E-PL2 or my current Panasonic GH2. I'm a proponent of the mu43 system and I want to continue to show that great, professional photos are possible with mu43 sensors.

Let me know what you think, thanks guys!!

Fotosiamo.com

Joe Gunawan

• Like Like x 4
  2. brnmatsumoto

brnmatsumoto Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Joe,

That is very impressive. I like your slide show mode that shows your images almost full screen. Very effective, very dramatic.

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  3. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Very nice design, but can I share a link to my favorite photo? Doesn't look like I can. Unfortunately these JS based galleries tend to interfere with hot-linking and not bother to update the URL at all.

4. jambaj0e

Aug 31, 2010
    Hmm, I know that at least in Chrome, I can right-click on an image and grab the URL. Is that what you are talking about?

5. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Jane
    Beautiful work!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Warren T.

Warren T. Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2010
    San Francisco
    Joe,

I really like the design of your web site, it's very well done and very impressive. I think it showcases your talent very well. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for sharing your new site, and also your great photography with us on mu-43.

Regards,

Warren

• Like Like x 1
  7. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Well typically if you have a beautiful gallery website, you want to link to the website and not the image file. But the image file links themselves are easy enough to get on your site, so that counts for something at least. Some websites don't even give you that *cough* flash *cough*.

8. jambaj0e

Aug 31, 2010
    Oh yeah, I'm now just using the web address to link it. I opt to not have the right-click protection on my images because I want it out there, and that hopefully it'll be linked back to me anyways. Learned this from a couple of new friends of mine who owns the #2 wedding photography business in Orange County and Los Angeles Orange County Wedding Photographer Los Angeles - Lin and Jirsa Photography

Just like me, their website is completely Wordpress

9. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Looks good Joe. It's clean, well-organized and (most importantly) fast to load.

• Like Like x 1
  10. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    Looks really good. It's easy to navigate and doesn't keep me waiting on a relatively slow connection.

One criticism. When I roll over an image in the galleries and it darkens, suddenly it doesn't look as good for the moment before I click. If I click. I think some other feedback would would stop that moment of disappointment.

Fred

11. troll

troll Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 25, 2012
    jambaj0e, did you create it all by yourself? Does one need to be a web developer to create such a site (= solid understanding of jscript/php/etc) or just basic knowledge of html/css is enough?

12. bobbywise

bobbywise Mu-43 Regular

Aug 23, 2011
    Nantes, France
    I love it.
    Works well on the iPad as well :biggrin:

13. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    Great showcase, Joe. Really shows off your work well. And as others have mentioned, I, too, love the way the slide show expands. Hope it brings in some biz-ness for ya!

14. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

:2thumbs::2thumbs:
    Well done Joe
    Future belongs to mirror less cameras and :43: will have a great share of it . Now some people here will differ here and its their own opinion but I am glad there are photographers like u who are ready to break the norm .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

15. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I like it Joe. I like the simpleness and subtle tones, looks very professional. Slideshow is great how it fills the whole screen. I'm not sure whether it was my connection but when the pictures changed it wasn't a smooth flow, kinda a little jerky. But that really is neither here or there.

I had a look through your photos and the picture I've really taken to since you've shown it here awhile back, is Caroline. Nice skin, not to overdone, gorgeous red lipstick and beautiful eyes. And excellent lighting. ( I knew you'd like that bit:)

I hope you have fun in your knew venture.

best aye,
    icon

16. jambaj0e

Aug 31, 2010
    Wow! I'm really appreciating all the comments so far! Wordpress is definitely a versatile platform =)

17. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Love your work, and liked the site, but one criticism: its not iPad friendly.

18. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Its working on yours? All im getting is the big slide show.

19. jambaj0e

Aug 31, 2010
    You should be able to tap on the screen and it will pull up the menus on the sides.

20. jambaj0e

Aug 31, 2010
    I know it works on the iPad because whenever I see an Apple store. I'd go into different computers and iPads and pull up my site for other people to see, haha! It's free advertising =P