I know, I'm greedy

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Sootchucker, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Sootchucker

Sootchucker Mu-43 Regular

Aug 9, 2012
    With the new V4 firmware for the EM1, Olympus have really spoiled us and shown the rest off the photographic industry what customer loyalty is.

As good as V4 is, what else would you really like to see added ?

For me, just three things (into the existing camera- so no hardware changes).

1. Automated panorama mode. The Em1 seems to be able to buffer images and with the focus stacking seems to have the computational power to combine in camera ?

2. Minor one, but I'd like a review screen that overlays the ISO and shutter / aperture, without having to go into the histogram view mode, which then only shows a small thumbnail of the image.

3. Don't know if this is possible with the existing hardware, but high res mode from the EM5-II would make it just about perfect (maybe this will go into the EM1 II ?)
  2. jrsilva

jrsilva Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 1, 2012
    I absolutely subscribe this one.
    I don't understand why Olympus cameras don't have this review screen option.
    All of my Panasonic cameras have that possibility (even the old G1).
    It is so annoying when I want to see what speed or what aperture the camera have choosed (when in A or S mode) with just a small thumbnail on the histogram screen mode.
    Is that so difficult to overlay ISO and Shutter Speed information over the review image?...
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    I also want the number 2!

And I really cannot see why there is no number one: even my 10 years old Canon P&S had this.
  4. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    I second No.2, almost any other cameras I've seen has it.
    OK, I know Olympus is never like any other.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    EC in Manual mode (when auto-ISO is enabled) would be helpful... It's already possible to adjust EC on the directional buttons in A,S,P, but not M.
  6. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I shoot RAW and like to stitch in post so 1 is not that relevant - though it would be useful to have a JPEG preview for composition purposes.

2 - yes.

I would have liked a mechanical shutter based focus bracket mode for tripod based work with flash or artificial lighting. 1/13s flash sync speed is awful, and there's also the risk of banding with artificial lights.
  7. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Export camera/user setting should be number 1 future upgrade list, it's been years what user ask for.
    • Agree Agree x 1