I knew....

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Tecpatl4, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Tecpatl4

Tecpatl4 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 16, 2010
    Midwest
    I knew when I looked at the first photo I took that I made a good choice.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. briandforever

briandforever Mu-43 Regular

Sep 27, 2010
    hmmm. what was this with? what was your choice? is this 3200iso?

3. Tecpatl4

Tecpatl4 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 16, 2010
    Midwest

This is straight out of the box with no changes at all. So everything was auto.

4. pancake

pancake Mu-43 Regular

Aug 10, 2010
    UK south East
    Nice Doggy, glad ya like your new camera. What model did you get?

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Tecpat14, you've got a great little dog there! Am I correct that he or she is a Cairn Terrier?:smile:

I think that maybe what briandforever may have been trying to say is that if you'd kept your ISO speed lower that you'd have a better image quality.

I think you're getting off to a good start with the photos, I've seen from your E-P1.

6. Tecpatl4

Tecpatl4 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 16, 2010
    Midwest
    I checked the Exif and it showed ISO 1600. And yes, she is a Cairn Terrier, as I usually say "she put the terror in terrier".
    She makes a good subject for tests, her face is black and the rest is a gray/silver color. It's hard to get a lot of detail in her face due to the color. It's going to take me a while to get used to the camera, at this point it's capabilities far exceed my own.

• Like Like x 2
  7. BBW

Tecpat, take your time. You may find Brian Mosely's excellent video series about the E-P2 helpful to look at since there are many similarities between the two cameras:https://www.mu-43.com/f42/olympus-e-p2-quick-start-part-1-a-586/

Then there's the software question for the camera's files... It will all come together, believe me. When I first found my way in here, I hadn't ever done anything with digital photography besides take photos with my little Canon Elph. Years before film had been my thing. With the help of a good number of the wonderfully supportive and knowledgeable members here, I've made great strides in a relatively short period of time.

I'm looking forward to more from you across the discussions, Tecpat - "you and your little dog", too. Sorry, just had to add that line from The Wizard of Oz, so memorably uttered by The Wicked Witch of the West.:wink:

8. Tecpatl4

Tecpatl4 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 16, 2010
    Midwest
    Thanks for the link and the kind words. Expect to see more of Gracie, as nobody else in the house likes having their picture taken.

Not to be picky, but it is Tecpatl.

I was born in the year 4 Tecpatl on the aztec calendar. The tecpatl is the ceremonial knife used to cut out the heart of the human sacrifice.

Actually, Chris is probably easier.

• Like Like x 2
  9. BBW

Thanks for both correcting me - I thought it was a 1 not an l and for explaining the historic significance. I do remember reading about the ceremony itself when I was a youngster, and I've never forgotten it.

And yes, I think Chris is a bit easier...and I'll be looking forward to more shots of Gracie, too!

10. Tecpatl4

Tecpatl4 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 16, 2010
    Midwest
    As you wish... somehow the only thing sharp in this shot is her crazy eyeball

[​IMG]