1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

I knew it was time to get out of the house ...

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Narnian, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    When I saw my lenses on the shelf starting to dance.

I am only about 35 miles or so from the epicenter of the quake near Mineral, VA. No damage. Definitely a unique experience.

2. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
  3. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    Duck, tuck then roll... wait what?

4. JudyM

JudyM Mu-43 All-Pro

May 5, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I'm a little north of you in Maryland and I work in a hospital pharmacy. In our hospital, the OR is on the second floor over the pharmacy, and the helicopter pad is on the roof of the OR. I was in the OR training another person on some equipment when the quake hit. The first thought that went through everyone's heads was that a chopper lost power and fell onto the pad. A dozen nurses came running, but within a few seconds we realized that we hadn't heard any engines or crashing, and we weren't seeing any debris falling past the windows. Realizing it was an earthquake was a little anticlimactic after that.

5. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I was really sick today, and I thought I was just having the shakes. I only just now Googled what was going on. I felt it all the way up here in Boston! (though very minor)

6. UkrainianOne

UkrainianOne Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2011
    Long Island, New York
    Glad to hear that your Ok, Im in NY and some elderly people actually got taken to the hospital around here becuase they almost had a heart attack :eek: