I just received my E-M5 Mk III and...

bassman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
The Bassman
The combination of a lightweight body and the E-M1.2 insides makes a great combination for me. The M5.3+17/1.8 is under 18.8 ounces! It’s only 1.9 oz. heavier than a Fuji X100V. I’ve had plenty of dings and dents in metal bodied cameras, so I’ll hold judgement on how well the polycarbonate body will endure.

The combination of a lightweight body and the E-M1.2 insides makes a great combination for me. The M5.3+17/1.8 is under 18.8 ounces! It’s only 1.9 oz. heavier than a Fuji X100V. I’ve had plenty of dings and dents in metal bodied cameras, so I’ll hold judgement on how well the polycarbonate body will endure.
It's bigger than a X100V though, especially the depth.
However for an interchangeable lens camera, the combo m43 body + 17f/1.8 is quite compact (and fun to use).

sgreszcz

Mu-43 Veteran
I'll be very interested in any other comparisons to GX85, as mine has the dreaded rear dial failure and am trying to decide if E-M5 iii would be best route to go. Would like a water resistant system. Looks like the EVF is much better?
I've got a GX85 and the E-M5iii viewfinder is _much_ better in my opinion, however not not nearly as good as the GH5 that I'm switching away from. One thing I don't like is that the EVF seems much "brighter" than what my eye is seeing so I need to find out how to calibrate it.

My E-510 is pretty much all 'plastic'. 13 years on and it still works perfectly. It remains the only camera I've ever dropped ...

My E-30 has a 'plastic' shell with metal chassis. Still fine after 11 years.

Hope that the E-M5 MkIII is just as robust.

Darmok N Jalad

Shaka, when the shutter fell
Real Name
Randy
I agree with OP for the most part. I tried one in hand and agreed that it just didn’t ”feel” like a $1K body. Had that been my only concern, I would have probably kept it and given it more time, but I also found it too small for my hands, and the rear dial seemed hard to operate for my fat thumb. The light weight certainly might still make it worth it for those that can find it comfortable to use. I’ve done a lot of trial and error lately with gear purchases. I think it’s time for me to be content!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom