I just joined the ranks of EP-1 Users

dcisive

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Lee
I finally had an opportunity to get some good hands on time at my dealer. We worked with it exhaustively taking and reviewing many different types of shooting situations. The EP-1 sailed through it all. I am still a bit shocked just how sharp and color rich the images from it are. I fully expected to be frustrated by the focus speed, see noise and in general find it unacceptable. All of the experience was positive. I took a nice silver kit home. I'm charging up the battery and am ready to play. Tomorrow I'll be ordering the Panny 45-200OIS to round out my need for longer focal range. All in all I'm pretty surprised the output from this thing is as good as it is. I was more shocked by the fact that I did NOT see the typical underexposure of shadow that I see across the board in review samples and even some other folks have posted on their sites. It rendered perfect exposures properly lifting up the shadow levels. So right now I'm a pretty darned happy camper. Just can't wait for the pesky battery to get charged up. :tongue:

pete

Mu-43 Regular
welcome DC: I had the ep1 and sold it.....for an ep2. same quality. I love the 17mm kit lens, and the baby zoom. Have fun and looking forward to see some snaps

Grats,

Pete

Armanius

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Muttley
Congratulations on the Pen! You'll surely have lots of fun with it!

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Congratulations dcisive,

I'm glad the mainstream reviewers have made the Pen a nice surprise for you... hope to see you post some images in due course!

Cheers

Brian

PeterB666

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
Tomorrow I'll be ordering the Panny 45-200OIS to round out my need for longer focal range.

Welcome to the E-P1 club. I also have the Panasonic 45-200 and it is a good lens for the money. The only problem I have wiith the E-P1 is that I have been caught out by the LCD outdoors a couple of times.

Once on a beach in very sunny conditions and a lot of light reflecting off the sand.

Once at a air show with overcast skys and trying to shoot in continuous mode. Simply impossible and the couple of fair shots I got were mainly down to luck.

Hard to beat for size and convenience and the right camera 99% of the time.

Have fun.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Welcome dcisive, good luck with the Pen 1. It's my favorite and will be for a long time.

Mr dcisive, your job, should you dcide to accept...its to join the image quest.
Your instructions can be found here.
https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=1355

This mission, if you accept will bring you pleasure with your camera.
There are other agents working on the mission so it is not an Impossible Mission.

Others will follow..if you are up for it.....
shooter

Latest threads

Top Bottom