I just got my E-P2 and I'm pissed...

suprgnat

New to Mu-43
...that I have to wait for the battery to charge before I can play with it more. What a brilliant piece of kit!

kevinparis

Cantankerous Scotsman
little note on the subtleties of the english/american language

in the US pissed means annoyed - in Scotland where i hail from pissed means drunk :)

K

suprgnat

New to Mu-43
Well...

I may have had a few Sierra Nevada Pale Ales while enjoying what miniscule charge was on the battery. :smile:

(The 20-1.7, a spare battery and 16GB card arrive today)

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
I thought he meant he was drunk - and I thought what a strange posting

he was clearly "p1ssed off" as we would say in England, (giving respect to Kevin's posting)

suprgnat

New to Mu-43
I thought he meant he was drunk - and I thought what a strange posting

he was clearly "p1ssed off" as we would say in England, (giving respect to Kevin's posting)

When my relatives from England visited, they brought an Engllish to American, American to English dictionary :biggrin:

Ray Sachs

Super Moderator
To knock someone up doesn't translate so well either. As an old acquaintance of mine found out whilst studying in England and meeting a guy in a bar who asked if it would be right if he came by and knocked her up sometime? While he may have subconsciously hoped for both possible meanings, his question was, at least on the surface, toward the more innocent British interpretation of the term.

I'm not sure whether he ever knocked her up or not...

-Ray

Reflex439

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Stephen
...that I have to wait for the battery to charge before I can play with it more. What a brilliant piece of kit!

Poor guy! I picked up mine, left the store, opened the package, popped in the battery, and it was more than half full. I shot all the way home, while the spare battery I bought was on charge in the car off an inverter.

I think I had 50 shots by the time I arrived at my front door, including a shot OF the front door :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom