I just finished another photo for an editorial done. Thoughts?

jambaj0e

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Just finished another photo as part of my editorial for upcoming singer-songwriter Sabrina Claudio. What do you guys think?

- Joe Gunawan | fotosiamo.com

fotosiamo%20[]%20Sabrina%20Editorial%2002.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

jambaj0e

Mu-43 Top Veteran
In case you guys missed it, here is the first photo from the same editorial:

fotosiamo%20[]%20Sabrina%20Editorial%201090801.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And here is the link to my lighting tutorial for this photo:

How I shot It on SLRLounge.com

MajorMagee

Mu-43 All-Pro
You might consider editing out the piece of rafter showing above her head in the first shot. The rest looks really quite beautiful.

meyerweb

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
What do I think? I think I want you to send me her phone number. :wink:

Great shots, though the lighting in the newest one strikes me as looking a bit too artificial. But with the bright background, there's probably not much you else you could do to keep her properly exposed.

0dBm

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Joe,
I like this image better than the first.

Compositionally, I believe it is a step-up from the first. You use the theme that I first saw in the parting shot of John Ford's epic film The Searchers where John Wayne's character Ethan stands in the doorway with the overexposed backdrop of the afternoon sun. The overexposed backdrop in your image enhances subject isolation.

The soft greens and white backdrop also makes for excellent juxtaposition from the earthy tones and largely parallel lines of the dwelling interior that together make for an inviting ambiance for the lovely model.

While true about the rafter, it is the circular facade that is the stool on the lower left corner of the image that breaks-up the symmetry of the interior and draws my eye and somewhat keeps them there; bifurcating my attention from the subject.

Consider removing the stool and the shadow cast by the wall decoration on the upper right corner. Otherwise, it is a fine photo.

jambaj0e

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I see your point on the stool. I was thinking about that in the back of my mind as well.

I'll probably remove that and either remove or darken the rafters, too. And lighten up the shadow of the wall decoration. Good eye on details =D

Joe,
I like this image better than the first.

Compositionally, I believe it is a step-up from the first. You use the theme that I first saw in the parting shot of John Ford's epic film The Searchers where John Wayne's character Ethan stands in the doorway with the overexposed backdrop of the afternoon sun. The overexposed backdrop in your image enhances subject isolation.

The soft greens and white backdrop also makes for excellent juxtaposition from the earthy tones and largely parallel lines of the dwelling interior that together make for an inviting ambiance for the lovely model.

While true about the rafter, it is the circular facade that is the stool on the lower left corner of the image that breaks-up the symmetry of the interior and draws my eye and somewhat keeps them there; bifurcating my attention from the subject.

Consider removing the stool and the shadow cast by the wall decoration on the upper right corner. Otherwise, it is a fine photo.

RevBob

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
Great shots, though the lighting in the newest one strikes me as looking a bit too artificial. But with the bright background, there's probably not much you else you could do to keep her properly exposed.

The lighting does appear a bit harsh in the doorway shot, she doesn't look as natural as the model in the other shot. Beautiful photos, though. :2thumbs:

goldenlight

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John
What do I think? I think I want you to send me her phone number. :wink:

A bit too late for me, I'm afraid. :frown: 10 years ago, maybe. :biggrin:

You could send my son her number, though, I'm sure he could do her justice! :wink:

Great pictures!

Latest threads

Top Bottom