I just bought an E-M1 and 12-40 lens!!!!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by pcrit, Jan 20, 2014.

1. pcrit

pcrit Mu-43 Regular

Jan 18, 2014
    After much debate I came across a new E-M1 with 12-40 lens for sale on this forum and pulled the trigger. I can't wait to get it and I am sure it will be new go to combination. Now I am debating whether or not to return my epl5 and two lens combo but I do like the size, also got a used Panasonic G2k...joining this forum was not good on my wallet!!!!!!! I need to sell off a lot to fund this but it will be worth it. Opinions on who owns this combo?

2. jamespetts

jamespetts Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2011
    London, England
    I have the E-M1 and have vaguely considered getting a secondhand E-PL5 as a second camera (which might be useful for multiple angle video). Have not bought it, though.

3. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    E-PL5 is a stellar little camera. IQ identical to the M5, M1 and P5 but noticeably smaller and lighter. Its only big downside is the lack of controls.

4. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I got my em1 and epm1 very close together. I love having an extra tiny body option

5. marcr1230

marcr1230 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2013
    I have the E-M1 and 12-40, it is a great combo if this is what you are referring to.
    no opinion on the e-pl5 per se. If cost is no object - I'd get a very similar camera, this makes it easy to pick up
    a backup in time of need, or just have 2 lens/body combinations available without changing.

back in the days of film - I had an OM-4T and an OM-3 (still have them), and switching from one to another required no mental energy.

in digital, I think some of the consideration is what the usage is - if it is a backup emergency camera - then might make sense to use an older or different ergonomic model. if you intend on using both at the same time - I'd want the most up to date or the most up to date that meets your Image Quality neeeds and expectations, as well as the consideration of having similar ergonomics

6. Mario150

Mario150 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 2, 2013
    I bought my E-M1 and 12-40 today and also thinking if I should keep my gx7 which I bought couple weeks ago or return it and put the money towards glass.